10: First Crack

10: First Crack

"Leo, I don't have enough time to make breakfast!" I exclaimed while running down the stairs in a panic, nearly falling along the way. Leo looked at me, mad, before throwing on his socks.

I grabbed a slice of toast and waved goodbye to my brother. As I ran around the corner, I accidentally bumped into someone.

"O-Oh sorry!" I apologized as I held out my hand for them to take. Taro looked up at me with a small blush before taking my hand and stood up. We dusted ourselves off. "So why are you late?"

"Hanako. He woke up early for some reason, something about a girl. He also woke me up, and this was like three in the morning so I was sleepy when my alarm went off.

I fell back asleep and so here we are." Taro told me in a humorous tone. I glanced at my phone and saw that five minutes had passed. We both started to jog next to one another.

"Well, my brother didn't wake me up. My alarm didn't go off either." I told him while laughing slightly. I heard a small click behind me, and I stopped and turned around.

My cat charm had fallen off of my phone.

"That's strange..." I muttered under my breath and I knelt over and picked it up. "It never falls off, and I've had this for a long time..."

I quickly followed behind Taro.

-----

"Try to make it in class next time,or I'll have to give you detention~." I apologized to Mido before sitting in the back again. Osano glared at me from the corner of his eye and started rip off a corner of his notebook.

A few seconds later, a balled up piece of paper landed in my desk. I started to unfold it and read it.

'why were you late today idiot?' Name calling again. I grabbed a pencil from my desk and started to scribble my answer.

'leo, as always. Were you waiting for me?' I tossed the ball back to him. Osano unfolded the note and hid it behind his textbooks. He grabbed a pen and wrote back his answer.

I opened my journal and started drawing little useless doodles. Two minutes later, I realized that I had drawn both me and Osano with hearts surrounding us. Blushing, I quickly ripped out the page and crumbled it into a small ball.

Then a ball of paper landed in my desk. I opened it and read the text.

'No! I grew out of that habit in middle school. But I was wondering if you like to maybe go tothedancewithme?' The last part was stacked on top of on another, the letters squished together so it was unreadable.

I hoped the last part wasn't important and started to tease him about his old habit.

"Now, I need an assistant again..." Mido said while turning around to look at the class with a seductive gleam. We made eye contact, and I immediately know what he was going to say next. "(Name) come up here."

Inwardly I sighed as I stood up and made my way to the front of the room. He handed me a book and put his hands into my shoulders and turned me to face the class.

I didn't know what he was trying to show or demonstrate, but I didn't exactly care. I was only slightly worried about the the deadly glared the girls threw at me.