24: Different, but why?

(Name) didn't care if she wasn't wearing her helmet while riding her bicycle in town, the only thing that currently mattered to her was the fact that Leo was missing. She stopped at a green light and waited for the light to turn red, which would then allow her to cross the street safely. She tapped her fingers against the handles of the bike nervously in a continuous pattern.

She started to get impatient and started to whistle. Her eyes began to glance around at her surroundings, hoping that she could at least spot a glimpse of the familiar (h/c) hair that was always messy. Even though she searched for the last two hours frantically, there was absolutely no sign of her younger brother.

Dread started to fill her when she thought of the possibilities of what could have happened to her brother, but all of those would only happen if someone had something  against her brother, and, as far as she knew, there was no one who held a disliking to her brother. If there was someone who had something against the brother, she simply just couldn't understand or process why someone would.

Nothing about her brother made her hate him. Those moments when she had yelled "I hate you!" was only temporary and playful, not permanent and serious. The light turned red, giving her a signal that she was allowed to go.

She rode her bike across the rode while still looking around her for a small sign of her missing brother. She searched for an another three hours, before deciding to go home for now. It was dark and she didn't want to be out so late, even though it was already 10 pm.

Her legs started to hurt from peddling for so long, and so she stopped at a park. In the center of the part was a fountain. She sat down on the edge of the fountain. A tear fell down her cheek when she remembered all of the good times she had with Leo.

Being the only person in the park at that time of day was slightly frightening to her, although she shook the feeling away for the moment. She wiped the tears away with the sleeve of her jacket before swinging her leg over the bicycle seat and gripping her hands against the handle of the bike

Her legs started working again to peddle the bike forward to her house. Passing by the streets at night was strangely fascinating. Bright lights flashed everywhere around her and couples and families all smiled and laughed with each other in restaurants and stores.

Though she smiled when she passed by a kid that was laughing hysterically, a feeling of loneliness filled her. Hearing laughs and giggles made her remember all of the times she spent with Leo. (Name) slapped herself harshly as she rode her bike.

Her cheek stung from the pain but she convinced herself that she deserved it for thinking in such a way. The way she was thinking made it seem as if Leo was gone forever, like he had died. She shook her head, denying the thought.

She relaxed when the sight of her house came into view. Riding into the back yard, she put her bike into the shed before walking into her house through the back door. She was greeted by all of her friends she had made at school there.

Tilting her head to the side, she saw that Osano, Amao, Kizano, Aso, Oko, Hanako and Taro were all there. Everyone stopped talking when they spotted her. They stood in awkward silence for a moment. Hanako pushed his way from the back to the front and jumped into (Name), embracing her into a bear hug.

"Where were you?! We've been worried sick!" Hanako told her as he wrapped his arms tighter around her, squeezing the living life out of her. She pushed him away gently and felt the corners of her mouth to go up very slightly.