20: The Truth

20: The Truth

--- 3rd POV ---

(Name) jumped when she heard an another thump from the floor above her. She fumbled around for a moment, then found a half decent comfortable spot for her to sit.

Thump!

She wondered what was going on up there that would cause such a ruckus. It's been going for a few minutes by now, but to her if felt like endless hours. Another shattering of glass happened up stairs again.

Putting her head into her arms and closing her eyes, she tried her best to fall into a slumber, but had no avail. After a while, and got tired of just sitting there and attempted to listen to the constant yells that happened upstairs.

(Name) picked up Othano. She perked up as her heart beat increased. Osano? She took a few long seconds for reality to set in. "O-Osano!" She yelled, then pulled back in surprise by the volume of her voice.

The sound seemed to be more frequent and louder after she had yelled, but she hoped that it meant that they were coming to rescue her. (Name) put her handcuffs to her teeth and attempted to try to do something, anything.

Her teeth hurt painfully as she started biting the lock. She yelped in surprise when she felt the right side loose slightly. Whirling her wrists around, the cuffs eventually slipped off and landed with a loud clank on the other side of the room.

The hope inside of her flared like a wildfire, warming up her heart with joy.

She reached over and tried to undo the cuffs that also kept her feet together. Picking with the lock, she knew that it was nearly impossible to get out of these, since the lock was unbelievably tiny and hard.

(Name) wasn't flexible enough to raise her feet near her face either. She untied the blindfold from around her eyes, blinking intensely by the sudden light that blinded her. She put her hands to her eyes.

Soon, after a few seconds, her eyes became adjusted to the light. She looked around her and was surprised that there were boxes surrounding everywhere around her.

From the looks of it, some seemed to be heavy and full, while others were light or entirely empty. (Name) couldn't see through the wall of the boxes that surrounded her. She realized one thing.

Musumo created this wall so that whenever someone came to come and find her, they wouldn't be able to find her through this mess, and she wouldn't be able to call out either, since the boxes would muffle her voice too.

She cursed Musumo for thinking this through and started to tell to test out how the sound reacted. (Name) noticed that the boxes seemed to absorb the sound or reflect it back to her.

"Osano!" She yelled with all her might. Her throat burned with the effort. But that effort was alright with her when she heard a door click open and a few footsteps going down the staircases. "O-Osano?" She called out hesitantly.

"(Name)!" A voice called out to her. He sweat dropped when they saw the mountains of boxes that surrounded the basement. Tapping his foot, he saw that the boxes were taped together. "Where are you?!"

"I don't know where I am, dummy!" She shouted with a small smile playing on her lips. The voice was filled with worry, meaning that it was one of her friends and not Musumo. (Name) sighed quietly with relief. "Listen to this!"

She cleared her throat and prepared the funeral for her throat, before screaming at the top of her lungs. The student's senses sharpened as he listened for the direction from which the sound came from.