2: Day with a Tsundere

"H-Here!" Osano sputtered out as he held out a bento for me to take. I stared at it in wonderment for a more seconds before gently taking the container into my hands. I looked up at him with a hint of curiosity.

"You made me lunch?" I asked while examining the bento. It was wrapped in a pink salmon polka dot cloth, which added a hint of sweetness to the already nice lunch. Not only did he make too much and give it to me, he also wrapped it up!

"I didn't make you lunch dummy! I just-" There was a moment of silence before he continued. "-I just made too much this morning! I didn't want to waste food, so just enjoy it while it lasts!"

I smiled at him. Knowing him, he did make me lunch but is too embarrassed to admit it. I sat down on the little bench and started to open the lunch. Osano sat down beside me.

We both are our lunches in comfortable silence.

A few minutes later, I finished most of the bento he had made for me. I excused myself for a moment, and started my way down the stairs. I went into my classroom, grabbing a pencil and tore a piece of paper from my notebook.

'thanks for the lunch! ❤' is what I quickly scribbled onto it before holding it in my hand. Making my way up the stairs, I thought that I should probably repay him in some way. I did hear there was a carnival coming to town, maybe we could go there together.

I sat back down on the bench beside him. Finishing up the bento, quickly dropping the folded piece of paper into the empty container, and wrapping it up in the cloth as before. I smiled and gave it back to him.

"Thanks for lunch. It was really good! Do you think that maybe you could make me lunch again tomorrow?" I asked. He smiled slightly and continued eating. "Don't worry, you don't have to if you don't want to!"

When he was done, he wrapped his back up and stacked it on top of mine.

"Jeez, fine! I knew you were too lazy to make your own lunch!" Osano declared as he stood up. I ignored the last sentence and stood up too. Just as I was going to ask him if I could make it up to him in any way, the bell rang.

Osano, with a frightened expression, quickly rushed his way down the stairs. I laughed slightly at the sight before making my way to the classroom, and sat at my usual spot in the back.

--- Osano's POV ---

I quickly put the eaten lunches into my locker before running back up the stairs. (Name) had liked the food I made her, and even asked me to make her lunch tomorrow! I felt warm and fuzzy inside when she had said that, but I had to keep my tsundere personality in order for my plan to work.

Maybe tomorrow I could make her favorite food. I searched everywhere in my mind for even a sign of her favorite food, but found out that I didn't have a single clue of her favorite food.

Pathetic, I unknowingly told myself, You want to be her boyfriend, yet you don't even know her favorite food?! You're not fit to be hers! I quickly shook my head as I slid the door open, trying to think more positively.

I apologized for being late and sat down at the back, next to (Name), who was once again doodling. She threw a crumpled piece of paper on my desk before staring out the window, pretending as if she didn't just throw a crumbled price of paper on my desk.

Hiding the note behind my stack of textbooks, I started to unfold the note.

'are you free this Saturday?' is what the paper had said. I could feel my face heating up gradually, and my heart beating faster. A possible date?! After convincing myself that this wasn't a date, I flipped the paper over and wrote my answer.

'yeah why?' I crumbled up the piece of paper again and carelessly threw it in her direction. A few seconds later, I was hit in the face with a small ball of paper. I glanced over at her, and she was smiling widely, seemingly trying to hide a laugh.

I quickly bent over in my chair and grabbed the paper before anyone saw.

'we could go to the carnival. I saved up 30000¥ so we can go as crazy as we'd like! :D'

I smiled at the thought of having an evening where it was just the both of us. Just us! For that evening, she was going to be mine, and mine only.

After School

What am I going to do about the cat charm? I can look for it now, since (Name) is in drama doing after school activities, but by the time she's done I'll still be looking since we ran literally everywhere in the maze...

I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw a student that had black hair and emotionless gray eyes.

"Can I do anything for you?" I asked in a slightly weirded out voice. I immediately felt bad for sounding so suspicious , even though I had never met this person, but he shrugged it off as if it was nothing.

A task? I don't have anything he could- wait, I wonder if he's willing to go and find the phone charm for me. I turned around completely and faced the stranger.

"Oh, well now that you mention it, I lost my phone charm today. It's in the shape of a cat. I know where it is, it's somewhere in the hedge maze, but I don't want to get stuck in there for hours. I'm sorry for asking, but would you be willing to find it for me?"

The student, without any hesitation, nodded his head and left.

Strange people attend this school, I swear.