4: Audition then Lunch

"Each of you pick a script then wait for me to call your name." Kizano called out as he grabbed a clipboard and started writing some down. I went over to the pile of scripts and chose one called "Lovesick".

It was about a girl who loved someone so much she would be willing to kill her own family and friends just to receive a small compliment from him. Wow, sounds so familiar...

Oh wait, this happened time me just a few weeks ago. This should be easy, I have had some real life experiences to help me with this too, but I probably shouldn't mention that.

A few minutes passed before Kizana called the first person to audition.

"Ayano Aishi." A girl with dark gray hair walked into the stage with an a emotionless expression. I quickly went over my lines again, and again. Ayano finished and set her script onto the table before sitting in one of the chairs next to Kizano .

A few kids later, my name was called. I took a shaky deep breath and walked out into the stage.

"Look at the other girls, drooling over him. Their lust covered eyes look at him longingly, pathetic. I ignored all of their fake glares and pick up a nearby knife. My senpai was mine, and mine only. He doesn't have a choice".

I finished the first paragraph of the script, I looked and smiled before leaving the stage. Putting the papers back onto the table, I went out and sat down beside Ayano. I watched the others preform.

Finally after ten minutes, all of the club members were auditioned. Kizano checked off something on the clipboard, before telling all of all to stand up and make a line. We all nervously shuffled out way to the front and made a small line.

"If I tap your head-" He tapped my and a couple of other's heads and then continued. "-you're not good enough to stay here. So, out." With a heavy heart, I left the room.

Many of the other girls started crying slightly, while the guys started complaining. I stayed quiet and went to go look around for Osano. After searching everywhere, I gave up.

I didn't want to stand around and do absolutely nothing for the next ten minutes, so I decided to go to the hedge maze and find my way around. Soon I entered the maze.

The place was absolutely silent, so I was all by myself. I would usually hit dead ends occasionally, and find some manga just sitting there. I turned around the corner to try and find my way to the middle once again.

BAM!

"Oh, I'm sorry! Are you alright?" I asked after bumping into someone. I quickly stood up and held out my hand for him to take. The student I had bumped into had dark gray hair and emotionless gray eyes. He said nothing yet took my hand.

I helped him up.

"Well, I'm sorry for bumping to you. Is there any-"

"(Name)! You're here?!" Osano cut me off before I could complete my sentence. I sighed before turning around with a small smile.

"Sadly I am." I replied before saying goodbye to the stranger and went to go greet Osano. "Wait, why are you here?" I asked after a moment of talking. He looked away, and quickly answered.

"O-oh, I had to get a fresh breath of air! Are you saying I can't idiot?!" I shook my head before turning to face him head on.

"Look, you can tell me the real reason as you're out here. I can always tell you're lying, you know." Osano sighed and told me the real reason, I could tell he was not lying this time. "Oh c'mon Osano, I told you to not lose it!"

We spent the rest of time looking around for the charm. In the end we did end up finding it, but also ended up being late for class.

"Now students please take out last night's homework." Mido announced as he started to collect papers from the students. I grabbed my homework and handed it to him. He smiled at me before continuing.

I sighed at the sight of the glares the other girls sent in my direction.

After getting all of the students homework, he started going on about a lecture and did his usual flirtatious hints. In the beginning of the lesson, my eyelids started to heavier and heavier. Then I fell asleep.

After Class

"Such a cute mistake, falling asleep in class." Mido said after I gathered up all of my supplies and binder. I rolled my eyes slightly before smiling at him and leaving the classroom without saying anything else.

I went down to the lockers and put my supplies away for now. Osano soon appeared around the corner. When he spotted me, for a second a small smile appeared on his lips, but went away as soon as it appeared.

"You fell asleep in class dummy!" Osano pestered at me. I nodded my head in acknowledgement . "B-But here. I took notes of the lesson." Osano handed me at least five sticky notes that had important points in the lesson written on them.

"Oh thanks!" I happily said as I gently took the notes. The bell rang, which meant class had started again. I smiled at Osano before gathering different supplies and started heading to my next class.

The substitute teacher was nowhere to be seen, so I relaxed slightly when I sat down in my desk. Osano sat next to me. I actually managed to stay awake, mostly because Osano kept throwing his crumbled up notes at me whenever I started to snooze off.

I thanked him after class for that, he did his usual personality.

"Here's a bento again!" Osano said as he showed me a lunch he had made me. I quickly yet gently took the wrapped up container and sat down on the bench in the rooftop. I took a bite, and it was delicious.

At least at first it was.

Then suddenly it turnt bitter. I set the lunch on the bench, right next to me. My stomach suddenly started to tighten painfully.

"H-Hey, baka. Are you alright?" Osano asked me concerned when he saw my reaction to his food. I quickly stood up silently and quickly rushed to the restroom and went into one of the stalls.

Then I threw up.

It lasted for a few long seconds before the tightening feeling stopped. I stood up and flushed the toilet before going over to the sink. I looked at my reflection and washed my hands, then my face.

After all of that, I made my way back to the rooftop, where Osano was pacing around worryingly. Once he saw me, he quickly rushed over to me.

"What happened?!" He asked in a sorrowful tone. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know. The food was really good, but then my stomach started hurting and I just had to throw up. Sorry, but I'll make my own lunch tomorrow."

During Class

--- Osano's POV ----

I sat in my desk, paying absolutely no attention to the class. My mind was on lunch. It couldn't have gone bad, mine didn't. Mine was perfectly fine, it was bad or anything. She said was good then it went bitter in a second.

How?

I don't know if anything that could make someone feel terrible that quickly.

What did I do wrong?