The Fight

Jacob narrowed his eyes at Keira's mate who was sitting no more than two meters away from him. He couldn't even begin to fathom why the Moon Goddess would pair her up with someone like him. There was got to be some kind of mistake. A huge one at that.

'He isn't worthy of her.' Unpleasant thoughts invaded Jacob's mind. How could such a lowlife deserve Keira? The male was a mere human. He was weak. Jacob could never accept him as the alpha male to rule beside Keira.

Jacob's blue eyes turned into raging waters threatening to wash away and destroy everything in its path. He clenched his fists then closed his eyes shut only for the scenes earlier to play across his mind. The kiss the two have shared earlier in the hallway... 'That should be me.' His mind screamed. 

Inside the classroom, whispers about the scene that had played out earlier that morning circulated. The humans had nothing but pity for Jacob as it seemed to them that he was betrayed by Keira right to his face. Then there was the confusion as to why Keira acted the way she did. They were happy. They were the perfect couple.

"I knew she was such a slvt," one human commented in a low whisper as she talked with her friends. "I mean Jacob is way better than that new guy in every way. Jeez. What poor taste."

Of course, every werewolf, with their enhanced hearing, heard every word that was said. A brunette she-wolf with emerald green eyes stood up from her seat. Her chair made a loud, screeching sound against the floor as she pushed it back before it completely fell with a loud bang.

Jacob, at the same time, slammed his fist on the table as he stood up. His chair fell to the floor and it was comical how in sync his actions were with the said brunette.

Everyone, human and werefolk, fell deadly silent. One could hear a pin drop.

Then snap! The last strings of reason preventing Jacob to act out of his madness tore. Images of the kiss and everything that had happened after still flashed in his mind. The unworthy bastard dared to pull away from his beloved like she was the plague. He kissed her and the next moment he didn't want her.  'No one makes Keira feel unwanted. Not even his mate.'  Violent thoughts infested his mind. Her mate must pay for the pain he had caused her. Jacob will crush him.

Keira's mate, who was named Brian, felt eyes boring through the back of his head. He turned and was met by a sneer. His brows furrowed in confusion. 'What the hell is this dude's problem?'  The man, Jacob, wasn't completely unknown to him. He was the one who pulled the beautiful girl who kissed him earlier away.

Something stirred from the deepest pits of Brian's body as he remembered the girl and the kiss they have shared. He could still feel her delicate lips pressed against his. Her scent still flooded his senses. The tingles that her touch left on his skin were still there, haunting him. Sh*t! He couldn't stop the thoughts going through his mind.

The girl felt so familiar. She reminded him of home. She woke up something inside of him that he didn't know existed before. There was a desire to smell her and touch her after just one encounter. He wanted to hear her voice again. Maybe he could make her say his name in a whisper to his ear. A shiver ran up Brian's spine and he shook his head. He was losing his grip on reality. He didn't understand why his body and soul was being pulled to her. She was calling to his very essence.

Brian was dragged back down to earth by the sound of the two chairs hitting the floor at the same time. It was so loud and he felt his heartbeat quicken in surprise.

Jacob walked up to him. There was a scowl plastered on the man's face and Brian knew right then that trouble was already brewing.

Jacob tilted his head to the side, signaling Keira's mate to follow him. His wolf was threatened and wouldn't rest easy. Its need to eliminate the competition was overpowering every rational thought his human side had.