Surrender

"Has he come back yet?" Keira asked Joshua while the two was making their way to the alpha's office. A few hours after the duel the other day, Sebastian left the Royal Moon Pack to go back to the West Winds territory for a while. It has been four days and the red haired male was still a no show.

"I'm afraid not, Alpha." Joshua answered formally as he followed Keira. "But I have already informed every guard and patrol to report immediately once he has set foot in the territory." Once the two arrived at the door of the office, Keira turned to face Joshua. "Thank you, Joshua. You are dismissed for now." The male warrior bowed in respect before turning back the way they came and out of the pack house.

Keira touched the knob of the office door when a sudden weird feeling enveloped her. something was not right. Bracing herself for the worst, she pushed open the door. There lying on the couch in her office was supposedly missing alpha male, Sebastian.

"Sean!" Keira exclaimed as she quickly approached the male who remained still in his position. "Don't you look so happy to see me?" Sebastian said in his usual playful tone to which Keira just rolled her eyes at. "Where have you been? Since when did you come back? We've been looking for you for a while now." Keira asked one after the other.

Sebastian, now in a sitting position, rested his elbows on his knees and clasped his hands together in front of him. "There were things I needed to do." His reply was short and Keira knew he was holding back information.

"What kind of things, Sean?" Keira asked as she stood in front of Sebastian. Her arms were folded across her chest and her left eyebrow raised in question. Sebastian's eyes locked up with hers and the male slowly rose from his seat.

"I had to negotiate with father regarding a few details with the alliance between our packs." Keira opened her mouth to interrupt but Sebastian raised his hand to stop her then spoke. "No, I didn't convince him to call off the treaty if that's what you want to say."

"Then what is it Sean? What did you do?" Keira asked when Sebastian did not continue. The alpha male put his hands on his pockets then looked Keira in the eyes with so much intensity. His whole demeanor was screaming carrier of bad news.

Keira's eyes were wide as saucers when she heard the next words that came out of Sebastian's lips. "I told him that we're calling off the mating ceremony." There was a hint of sadness in his eyes beneath the stoic exterior.

"Sean..." Was all that came out of Keira's mouth. Yes, she had hoped that this would eventually happen but not this way. At least not this easy. She imagined it would be more difficult especially with the elder Reid, Sebastian's father.

"It took a lot of convincing but, yeah, he agreed in the end." Sebastian placed his palm on top of Keira's head. It was his kind of sweet gesture, Keira had learned. "Don't worry, Keira. The alliance with our pack will push through as planned just minus the mating ceremony part."

"You didn't have to do that, Sean." Keira said to which Sebastian just flicked her forehead. "Don't be silly, Keira. I didn't do it for you. I did it for me." There was confusion in Keira's expression so Sebastian elaborated. "I didn't want to be trapped in a bond that will only make us both miserable and crumble eventually. You have your true mate. Its his place to be beside you."

Sebastian removed his hand from Keira's head. The latter then spoke, "Thank you so much, Sean. You don't know how much this means to me." She said with pure happiness and sincerity. "And... I want you to know that no matter what happens, I'm here for you. I consider you a dear friend." 

Sebastian let out a soft laugh. "I rejected you just now so stop making a pass at me, Keira." The playfulness in his demeanor was back but the lint in his eyes were nowhere to be seen. "I know I am irresistible. I mean, who could say no to this face?"

The alpha male was also hurting in some way. He probably didn't expect everything to turn out this way and Keira just gave the worst possible speech at the worst possible time. 'I consider you a dear friend,' right after their supposed future together went down in flames.

"Anyway, I'll be going now. Father wanted me back at the territory immediately. Some business he needed me to take care of." Sebastian said then turned towards the door. "Bye, Alpha Kingsley." The male said with his right hand in the air waving goodbye to the person behind him. He, then, walked out of the office not giving Keira a chance to say anymore.

--------------------

Four chapters to go, everyone! 

Thank you for the support you've been giving this story. Your votes and comments mean a lot to me. It gives me the motivation to continue and update the story.

Please hang on and stick with me to the coming end of Keira's book.