Into The Pack

It had been a week now since Brian and Keira decided to be together. Brian had yet to be introduced to the whole pack but key pack members already knew him at the least. He was also halfway through settling down in the new environment and certain things about werewolves and the pack had already been explained to him.

"I'm thinking of introducing you to the whole pack tonight." Keira clasped her hands nervously as her eyes scrutinized Brian's reaction. She was hoping he would agree but the surprised look on his face told her otherwise. "I-I mean if it's okay with you?" She bit her lip then looked down as if awaiting an imminent rejection. 

Brian knew this was inevitable. Sooner or later he would face this choice and what better thing to do than to get this over with as soon as possible? "Okay." Brian saw how Keira's brows knitted together in confusion. She looked up at him then sideways as if trying to digest his answer. Then, as if a light bulb, she lit up before throwing her arms around him.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" The hug was bone crushing. Like literally. Brian wanted to complain but seeing how happy his girlfriend was, he couldn't dare to. He placed his arms around Keira and buried his face in her hair. He sniffed her and she immediately tensed.

"Sorry." Brian pulled away, his face red as a tomato. He heard Keira chuckle and soon a pair of hands were pinching his cheeks.

"You're so adorable. I love you." Brian smiled warmly at Keira. He hoped his smile was giving her even half of the warmth hers had given him all this time. He cupped her cheeks then planted a quick kiss on her forehead. "And I, you." He spoke and he knew it was lame. He should have said it properly and a kiss on the forehead? Oh come on! He knew he wanted more than that.

"I'll go ahead and make the preparations before this goes... err...-" Keira awkwardly excused herself while Brian chuckled then nodded towards her. She had already took a few steps away when Brian pulled her back. He snaked his arms on her waist then kissed her fully on the lips.

"I'll see you tonight." Brian teasingly said after pulling away from the still wide-eyed and frozen Keira. He turned on his heel and started walking away. He knew just what effect that had on her. He knew exactly what his effect was on her.

Brian couldn't even begin to understand where Keira hid this side of her. She was so focused whenever she handled her Alpha duties. She was so calm and collected. She looked like she always knew what was the right thing to do. She made it seem all too easy and he couldn't help himself but admire this capable and confident female. With a wide grin, Brian proceeded to the pack grounds where Joshua was waiting for the day's training session.

Beads of sweat on the forehead. Thousand galloping horses on his stomach. A heart that wants out of his rib cage.  A pair of rooted feet on the ground. Brian's senses were telling him all the wrong things that could happen tonight but the warm hand that was intertwined with his told him it would be all right. He stepped on to the small stage in front of a huge crowd. All of the Royal Moons, former Crimson Wolves included, were gathered in the territory.

Keira had let go of Brian's hand and stepped forward. She scanned the crowd, demanding the attention of every werewolf present. "Battles had been fought in the months that passed. A battle for the salvation of the pack. A battle for the sake of every loved one. A battle in search of peace. A battle in the name of loyalty. And as for my case..."

Keira paused and motioned for Brian to step forward beside her. She gave him a reassuring smile to which he could only manage to give a nervous one. Once side by side, they intertwined their fingers. "A  battle to be with the one destined for me. Tonight, we are here to celebrate those battles that we had endured and prevailed. To thank the Moon Goddess for guiding us through. And to welcome a new member of the Royal Moon Pack. My love. My mate. Your future protector, Brian Miller." Joshua approached the stage then handed Keira a goblet. The Alpha raised it in the air as for a toast. "To the Royal Moon Pack. To our future."

The crowd erupted in claps and cheers. They chanted the names of their Alpha and Luna. Keira's heart swelled with love and pride. She had her mate beside her and the acceptance and support of the pack. Nothing could be more perfect than this moment.