Feelings

"Why, Keira?!" Brian yelled at Keira's retreating form. "Why are you so stubborn? Why are you so hell-bent on pushing me away?" Keira stopped walking this time but didn't turn to face Brian so the latter just continued. "Why can't you just agree with destiny and let us be together?"

"We've already made this clear the last time, Brian." Keira said with her back still facing Brian. Her eyes were closed and her brows knitted together in frustration. "We already agreed not to be together."

The two have already established that they couldn't be together the last time they actually talked. Because number one, Brian is a human and Keira is a werewolf. Each of their kind do not belong with each other. Number two, Keira believed she was protecting her mate from all the danger and wrong things her connection to Brian might bring the latter. Take what happened between Brian and Jacob as an example. Lastly, Keira was unsure about Brian. He doesn't love her. He thinks he does but it's all the magic of the bond at play.

"But I'm telling you now that I want to be with you. That I accept this- this- love or bond or whatever the hell it is between us." Brian was feeling all the frustration too. This had dragged on far too long. The only way to end the problem would be either to fully abandon his connection to the raven haired she-wolf or fully accept it.

"That is exactly the problem." Keira whirled her body around, now facing Brian. "You are doing all these things despite not knowing how you truly feel." Keira's voice was rising to a shout. Her hands were making angry gestures towards Brian. "Do you think I want this? You're fighting for something you are unsure of." Keira ran her fingers through her hair. All the pent up frustration finally found a small gap to leak from in the dam she built to lock up her emotions. "I can't fight this battle with you if every single turn I have to question myself if it's just because of a bond that's forced upon you or your real feelings for me... if you're really in love with me."

Keira placed her hands on either side of her arms like she was hugging herself. There were tears glistening in her eyes, threatening to fall any second from now. Brian felt his heart sank as he looked at the raven haired female. He took slow steps towards her and his hands were outstretched, reaching for her.

"I know now what my choice is, Keira. And I will stand by it." Brian cupped Keira's left cheek affectionately. He moved his thumb under her left eye, wiping away the tears that fell. "I will fight Sebastian. I will fight no matter how many other alphas I have to face." Brian cupped both of Keira's cheeks now. He held them firmly as to make her look him in the eye but not too firm as to hurt her. "I will do it  not because our bond is forcing me to act that way. But because I want this too. I want us." Brian's tone was softer this time as he looked deep into her eyes, searching her soul. "I want this bond. I want you. I love you, Keira." The raven haired male rested his forehead against Keira. Their breaths mixing together. "Please, believe me."

Keira quietly sobbed letting all her tears speak for everything that was left unsaid. She let Brian hold her. She decided to let everything she had locked away break out. From that day Brian left her to the previous Alpha Kingsley's murder and to everything that came after. She held on to every thorn with a brave face until she was bleeding so much and can't take it anymore.

"You don't have to be afraid to be with me, Keira." Brian kissed Keira's hair, drowning on that familiar ocean scent he had come to love so much. He had finally come to an answer he knew he could hold on to no matter what and tomorrow he will prove just how much he was willing to do for it.