Sealing The Deal

"So am I officially a part of the pack now? A full pledged Royal Moon?" Brian had his arm wrapped around Keira's waist as they made their way to their rooms in the pack house. The party had just been over and two were ready to collapse in bed.

Keira's smile faltered and she stopped walking. Her head hung low and her hands were clasped together in front of her. How was she going to tell him? She heaved a sigh and finally looked her mate in the eye.

"Is there something wrong?" Brian was worried he had ruined the moment. Was what he said wrong? By the look on Keira's face, the answer was yes. He just hoped that Keira wasn't thinking of throwing him out now.

"Actually... The truth is..." Keira was having trouble finding the right words and putting them side by side. She could smell her own uncertainty thick in the air. They have agreed to take everything one step at a time but the way this conversation was going could steer them otherwise.

"Come on, Keira. Tell me." Brian encouragingly placed a hand on her shoulder. His other hand was under her chin making her meet his gaze. 

"You're in a way already one of us but..." Keira trailed off and the tension in the air became heavier.

"But?" Brian asked, urging Keira to go on. The alpha female turned beet reed like she was having a high fever.

"You won't be officially part of the pack until we're..." She trailed off then audibly gulped. Her eyes turned almost gold then darker. "...fully mated."

Brian's lips formed into a perfect 'o'and his hands fell to his sides. "Right." He took a step back as if resigned. He wouldn't meet her eyes. "How could I possibly forget that?"

Disappointed? No, Brian was more of embarrassed by the situation. They had agreed to not rush things. Keira had just formally introduced him to the whole pack and that is already a huge step. He didn't want to seem like he was rushing or pressuring her.

Keira's hand shot out to reach for her mate. This was what she had feared, Brian backing away and running off. "I'm sorry. I know we've already talked about it and I-" 

Brian didn't need to hear anymore. This was clearly a mistake. The things they have talked about and agreed upon, they were all just futile attempts of prolonging both their miseries. "Let's do it." His voice was loud and clear. There was firmness and determination with the way he had spoken and stood. 

"What?" Keira blinked a few times. What had he just said? Did she hear it right? What had he meant? Her brows were knitted together and creases appeared on her forehead.

Brian took another step back before finally kneeling in front of Keira. He reached for his back pocket but his confident aura turned into an alarmed one. "It's not here." He muttered to himself. He stood up then frantically turned his pockets inside out. He roamed his eyes on the floor and retraced his steps to the stairs. His face grew paler and paler by the moment.

"Brian?" Keira called him out but his eyes were distant. He looked like he was in his own bubble, deep in thought.

Finally, Brian reached for his breast pocket and alas! It was there. He let out a very relieved but shaky breath. "Sorry. I was just really out of it since morning. I-I... anyway. Let's do that again. Retake."

He fished out a small blue pouch that had gold strings from his breast pocket. He cleared his throat then went back on his knee.  "I know love wasn't built for speed, Keira. We had agreed to take everything slow. But I am your mate and you are mine. Destiny brought us together in that fateful school day. Since then until this moment, I have loved you and I will continue to do so in the eternities that would come."

Keira, wide-eyed, could only place her hands over her mouth as everything unfolded. There were tears in her eyes and a tightening on her chest. Brian spoke again as he opened up the pouch and revealed a very gorgeous ring with a small diamond in the middle. "Keira Kingsley, marry me."

Keira wiped the tears from her eyes then chuckled. Could this day get any better? "Uh... Brian? I am sure that wasn't even a question." How she had even thought about saying that and ruining such a moment was beyond her. Yet the statement didn't dampen their happiness. There was sunshine to Keira's soul.

"It's because I am not asking you, love. I am not giving you any chance to say no. Hence, I am merely informing you." Brian slipped the ring on her finger then stood up. He scooped her up and twirled her around the room. "I love you, Keira Kingsley. Future mrs. Miller." 

Keira planted a quick kiss on her mate's lips before finally speaking, "I love you, Brian Miller. That is despite the fact that you almost lost my ring." She teased to which Brian had rolled his eyes to.

Brian set her carefully down on the ground. "Don't remind me." He placed his hand on her nape then pulled her in. Keira, on the other hand, hugged Brian's torso pressing him against her body. And with a passionate kiss, they sealed the deal.