Chapter 2 - Taking Care of a Pawful Kitten

''NO!''

I felt arms wrap around me tightly, engulfing me and protecting me.

I opened my eyes, only to be met by a startling black suit against my own body. Backing my head a little, I realized who this was.

''C-Chat Noir!'' I gasped.

He gave a grunt and then a pained groan. My eyes widened as he collapsed against me, his body burning.

I grabbed him gently and took a look. ''Chat, hang on!''

He opened his eyes and breathed heavily, chest rising and falling quickly. I put my ear to his heart and his heart was beating so dangerously fast.

''Oh no..What should I do..''

The Akumatized villain growled. ''Serves him right!'' A purple butterfly-like appeared on his face. I heard him murmur, ''Take his miraculous.''

I clenched my teeth, brimming with anger. ''I won't let you take him!''

The boy raised his head with an evil smile as he walked slowly towards me and Chat.

I tried standing up with him and tried to make him walk. ''Come on Chat, hang on.''

He dragged his legs, trying his best to help me. I know he was trying to help but still hanging on to dear life. I could feel his body getting hotter and hotter as he breathed heavier and heavier.

The monster was now turning a corner and I bit my lip.

''(Y/N)..'' He whispered. I blinked, hearing my name. How does he know it? He opened his eyes and met mine, they were so amazingly green to the point they took my breath away.

He let out a shaky breath. ''Lady..will be here soon..leave..me..'' He coughed violently.

''Are you kidding?! You saved me and now it's my turn to save you!''

God, grant me the strength to carry him all the way to my home at least.

He was heavy alright. I squatted and led him to my back.

''Hold on okay? And don't you dare say no.''

He coughed in return and I helped him climb on my back.

I took a breath and stood up. ''Ugh..'' I winced in pain. Chat whispered sorry and I shook my head, began running.

''Come back!'' The boy shot a beam of light. I jumped to the side slightly letting out a small scream. It had hit my foot.

''Damn it, damn you Hawkmoth!'' I swore, looking around for Lady.

''Ladybug hurry up dammit!'' I saw a blur of red and the scream of the villain.

I sighed in relief and ran quickly to my home which was pretty near.

Chat Noir made no sound or movement, he was unconscious.

I literally bolted through the door and quickly lay him down on my bed.

''Chat, I'm going to wipe off your sweat, so I'll just take your um, shirt-suit and gloves off.''

I know how much their identity is important to them, so I wouldn't ever touch his mask.

He didn't show any indication of hearing me, probably since he was conscious. I went to my small kitchen and prepared cold water and clean rags. Pulling a chair to the side, I sat down and squeezed the rag and put it on his head while I started unzipping his shirt.

I noticed the bell for the first time.

Then it dawned on me.

This is Chat Noir, the hero of Paris, my idol and the one I drew so many sketches of.