Chapter 8 - The Face Under The Mask

I drew a little something for this chapter but I couldn't find a way to put it on here.. if someone knows how please tell me :C

I strongly recommend listening to the music pieces while reading! (You'll know what I mean when you get there..)

I yawned and tears gathered at the edge of my eyes.

Marinette gasped. ''Why are you crying!?''

I sighed. ''This is why I hate yawns that come with tears..I was just yawning.''

Alya giggled. ''Once I yawned and tears actually began rolling down. Worst of all? It was in the middle of class.''

''Oh! I remember that!'' Nino burst out laughing.

I grinned. ''Tell me about it!''

Adrien face palmed. ''Chloe teased her so much back then and Marinette got so angry..''

''I couldn't watch Chloe tease my best friend so I exploded once and for all.''

Alya patted Marinette. ''It got so serious to the point that she pushed away Adrien and he fell on his butt.''

I turned my head at Adrien and laughed so hard. ''Oh my god..'' I wheezed. ''I want to see that so bad.''

''What, me falling on my butt or Marinette exploding?'' Adrien rolled his eyes.

''Everything, trust me.'' I breathed out.

''It was really entertaining.'' Nino agreed.

''I can imagine.''

Marinette sighed. ''Let's change the subject, have you guys heard of the the Masquerade ball organized by the student council?''

I gasped. ''I know about it! It's apparently black and white themed!''

Adrien blinked. ''Isn't it that you must be with someone the opposite gender to enter?''

Nino frowned. ''It wasn't like that last year.''

''New student council, new rules.'' Alya shrugged. ''So are you all going? They're selling the tickets at the Cafateria.''

Marinette jumped up and down. ''I want to go! I'l ask Nate to go with me!''

''Nate?'' We all said in confusion.

''Nathaniel you guys!'' She facepalmed.

''Ooooohhhhh!'' We all echoed in response.

''Well I already know who I am going with.'' Alya winked.

Nino blinked. ''Who?''

We all sighed. ''You, idiot!'' Alya groaned.

Adrien chuckled.

Who should I go with...?

''So you must have a mask right?'' I commented.

They all nodded. ''Since it's black and white themed, you have to either wear black or white or even both.''

''Interesting..''

Black..and white..

Adrien looked at me in the corner in his eye but I didn't notice until he looked away. ''So who will you go with (Y/N)?'' Marinette asked.

I blinked.

I need time to think. ''Can you bring someone that's not from this school?''

They all stared at me. Adrien raised an eyebrow.

''(Y/N), you have a boyfriend in another school!?'' They all gasped.