Chapter 18 - Reminiscing the Past

My eyes fluttered open, blinking to the softly sunlit room. I yawned and stretched and looked at the clock. 9 PM, Saturday. Today's gonna be a great day. No collage or annoying professors shouting at me for no ultimate reason.

I got up to the bathroom, washed my face and headed downstairs. I stopped midway as I heard voices.

The voices of my father and step-mother. I smiled. It's been six years since I came to America. We discovered that father had early stages of chest cancer. But he spent the first year doing chemotherapy and he was healed, thank god.

Instead of returning to France, I decided to stay here beside him and support him. Gradually, my intention to stay 3 years turned into 6 years, and here I am, a 22 year old girl in her final year of collage studying fine arts.

''Good morning.'' I called out with a grin. They stopped talking and waved. ''Morning sweetheart!''

I went to the kitchen and prepared my food then sat down to eat.

Of course, I missed Adrien and my friends, Alya, Nino and Marinette. I sat the first weeks crying my eyes out and repeatedly texting Adrien and the others. He texted me back and called me daily. Until my phone fell into the school toilet.

Yeah, that was a great downfall. You know how the time differences are. When I was in school, he was free and in the house so he would text me without realizing I had school. So I would go to the toilet and text him until one day suddenly it slipped out of my hand and plunged into it's doom.

To say I was shocked, was wrong. I was utterly devastated. The only contact I had with Adrien and my friends was now gone in under 2.1 seconds.

Never mind the phone, it was the contacts. I lost all of their phone numbers and social media's.

So I spent the following five years slapping myself for the horrible mistake.

I couldn't text my boyfriend, I couldn't remember their phone numbers except France's country code..

It was hell.

It still is.

I would clutch my new phone, begging for it to magically figure out Adrien's phone number, I would cry my eyes out but it was all in vain.

I missed his body warmth and his beautiful angelic face. I actually missed his so called funny puns and flirtiness.

I ran my finger over the silver ring he gave me in the airport. I still remembered everything clear as day. I blushed in remembrance and smiled.

''Promise me, baby. Promise me that you'll come back.'' My eyes widened as he gently took my hand and placed a silver ring on my finger.

''And when you do, we will get married. We will live together, and I'll kiss you as much as I want with no walls or people separating us. So promise me, princess.''

I sighed and got up to wash my used bowl and spoon.

''I promise you, Adri. I'll make sure to come back home to you.'' I mumbled.

...

I sat down on the couch, watching a funny documentary about giraffes when I felt the couch dip next to me.

''Hey (Y/N).'' My father greeted me.

''What's up?''

He shrugged. ''Just wanted to have a chat with my beautiful daughter.''

''Aww, you're so sweet.'' I giggled.

He laughed. ''I get that a lot. So, tell me about how life was like in France.'' He had a glint in his eyes.

I smiled and began telling him all about my adventures, when I met Chat Noir and Adrien, how it became a daily routine for him to break through my window. Then I told him the real identity of Chat Noir and he looked so into the story. When I got to the point where we became lovers, he gasped

''You have a boyfriend? Why didn't you tell me?''

I blushed. ''Well I never found the time. I'm sorry.''

''It's fine, can I talk to him?''

''Well..actually, remember when my phone fell into the school toilet?''

''Oh yeah, I remember how devastated you were.''

''I kinda lost Adrien's phone number because of that and I haven't talked to him or the other for 5 years.''

He stared at me with a horrified look on his face. ''Damn...I doubt I could've done anything about that.''

I shook my head. ''I think it's fine, I know that he won't betray me and that he'll stay true to his promise.''

Father looked interested. ''What promise?''

My face went red. ''Well, we kinda um promised to get married when I see him again.'' I showed him the ring and he smirked.

''That's what the ring stood for. I was wondering why you'd wear such a thing because ever since you were small, you hated those things.''

I grinned. ''They say I'm very attentive, turns out I got that from you, huh? So your okay with that? Me dating a model and all..''

''Your legally an adult, you make your choices and I'll always support them, darling.''

''Seriously?'' I gasped.

''Yep.'' He stared at me sincerely and I grinned, hugging him tightly.

''Your the best! I love you so much father!''

He hugged me back. ''Which is also why I booked you a ticket to France next week.''

I went silent.

OH MY GOD.

Did I hear that right? He booked me a ticket to France?

''S-Srriosly?'' I couldn't even speak right anymore.

He nodded with a big grin. ''I suspected something like this darling. So go back to him, I believe he has had enough time being far from you.''

I'm going to see Adrien.

I'm going to see him after 6 freaking years.

Tears started rolling down my face and I hugged him tightly. ''Thank you father, you don't know how much this means to me.'' I whispered.

With a laugh, he hugged me back tightly. ''You're my precious daughter, I only want to see your beautiful smile. Make sure to invite me to your wedding though.''

''It's a promise!'' I squealed. And I ran upstairs to prepare my bag.

I'M GOING TO SEE ADRIEN!

"The scariest thing about distance

is that you don't know whether they'll miss you

or forget you."

- Nicholas Sparks