S C H O O L

Mornings. They make your day full of sunshine and give you a wonderful start. They wake you up, full of energy, and get you ready for the day ahead.

This is why mornings are best left to morning people. If only mornings would just leave me alone so I can go back to sleep. The sun always gets in my eyes and blinds me. And waking up with perfect hair, a smile, and energy? Pfft. Do I look like a Disney princess?

Well, I probably do at school. But if only they knew the real me. They would either faint in shock or just not care at all. Just like everything in this world. There's a problem with living in a world full of selfish bastards. People only care about things that directly affects them. If it doesn't, then you're just out of luck.

I get out of bed because being late is not going to do me any favors. I shower and put my hair up into a ponytail. I grab a white and comfortable oversized t-shirt because wearing black won't be consistent with my reputation. I wear blue jeans and my brown leather boots. I don't care if it ruins my good girl reputation this time, but the boots can't go. They're not my signature combat boots, but they will do.

No makeup needed because I am not planning on getting attention. And lastly, I grab my army green school bag and walk calmly down the stairs to the kitchen. I pour myself some cereal and tea since my spoiled mom won't do it for me. She would probably hire an army of maids to do everything for her. Luckily, dad is more sensible.

I don't take my bike, because that will also cause a stir. I walk, like, five minutes to get to school. I'm early again. Good. Being early is good.

The school seems eerily quiet since only nerds would come thirty minutes early to school. I go to my locker and pick up the books I need quietly. I can't attract attention. Good girls don't make grand entrances and wear dramatic makeup. Good girls are quiet and shy, and somehow always get the bad boys.

I want a badass boy. Always have. But being a bad girl won't help me with that. Because only opposites attract. And a bad girl won't attract a bad boy.

Even in science, this rings true. A magnet with a north pole will only attract another magnet with a south pole. The ends of the magnets with the same pole will not attract and instead repel. Or, an atom with more electrons and thus having a negative charge would attract atoms with more protons and having a positive charge. Negatively charged atoms won't attract and instead repel.

In short, nothing in the world that is the same would attract. Only opposites do that.

But keeping up the good girl facade is hard. This isn't the real me. I would always act differently. I have to always think, what would a good girl do? What would an innocent and shy girl do? I can't act impulsively as is my instinct. I have to constantly think of how I want to do things. And that frustrates the living daylights out of me.

I can't swear. I can't storm off and be angry. I can't be the center of attention. I can't think of wanting to be the center of attention. I can't say cool comebacks and can't get into fights in the first place. If people tease me, I am not allowed to snap at them.

In conclusion, to get my happily ever after, I need to change everything about me. A sad reality, isn't it?

:

I fight to keep my eyes open as we go through first period algebra. Seriously, I am contemplating on building a fucking time machine and killing whoever invented algebra. It gives me headaches and does not help me at all in real life.

Oops. I can't swear at school. Or around anyone I know or that knows me. Great.

I hear footsteps in the hallway and a few seconds later, the door bursts open. The old and grumpy teacher jumps in surprise before his face turns red and he glares into the person standing by the door. I stiffle a laugh and try peer out the door to see who it is.