P E R F E C T

Jesse's P.O.V

Walking down the hallway of school was fine until I saw who stood at the other end.

Lucas had his arm wrapped around me as usual. Which means he could feel me stiffening when my eyes found the blue ones across the hall.

Arc.

I sucked in a sharp breath as his eyes lock onto mine. Lucas held me tighter as he glared coldly at Arc. I barely noticed the blonde girl latching on to his arm.

Arc and Claire. Who would've thought?

He smiles down at her and she tiptoes and kisses his cheek. I bite my bottom lip and put on my mask. My blank and unaffected mask.

We walk up to them and Claire's smile turned into a triumphant smirk. She looks at me smugly while Arc just stares at me blankly.

He has put on his mask as well.

"Wow, the school's slut has arrived. How many boys did you bang yesterday, sweetheart? Are you still sore?" she said mockingly. I roll my eyes. Lucas tightens his grasp on me and I see his beautiful blue eyes harden.

"Ask yourself that, Claire. How many times did you have to suck on Arc's cock to get him to date a girl like you?" I said calmly. I saw a crowd starting to gather around us. They snickered at my comeback.

"Hey, at least my good grades actually come from my brain," she says, her squeaky voice almost echoing across the dead silent hallway.

"Still with that lie, huh? What, can't come up with something bad I actually did?" I retorted. All the while, my eyes stay on Arc. If there is anything I know about Arc, it's that he hates Claire with a passion. I wonder what his motives are now.

"You shouted and swore to me!" she screeched. I pursed my lips to stop myself from laughing when her voice cracked in the middle of the sentence.

"Puberty hit you like a truck, Claire," I said while a smirk grew on my lips. Hers has completely faded as she stares at me with pure hatred in her eyes.

"At least it hit me at all," she said. She stood up straighter, making breasts almost overflow from the tight blouse she's wearing. I scoff.

"Oh, so that's how you get your good grades?" I taunt. "You know what they say. What you say is a reflection of who you are."

"Don't act like you haven't slept with Arc to get him to take you on a date," she growls. Arc visibly stiffens before putting a hand on Claire's shoulder.

"That's enough," Arc growls at her. She pouts, making her caked up face look even worse than it already is.

"But baby..." she drawled. I cringed at the nickname. I feel like vomitting right now.

Arc nods to me before dragging Claire away. I sighed in relief before realizing that Lucas's arm isn't around my waist.

I turn to him, his eyes hard as they look at me. I cock my head to one side, watching him in confusion.

"Lucas?" He grabs my hand, gently, and starts pulling me away. I comply and let my feet follow him.

He pulls me into one of the janitor's closet. I frown when he shuts the door and locks it. I hate this place. I used it to hide from Claire once and it is filled with spiderwebs.

"How far did Arc and you go?" he said. His voice is matching his stone hard mask. I furrowed my brow.

"We went on one date and kissed. Why are you bringing this up?" I ask. He clenches his jaw.