M I N E

Jesse P.O.V

We stayed staring at the rain outside my bedroom window, watching as the drops fall and splatter on the smooth glass surface.

I touch it, the cold seeping in from outside. But huddled together under a blanket with Lucas seems to have chased it all away. The chill in my heart and the worries in my mind faded away with the rhythmic song of the rain.

Telling my past to Lucas feels relieving. My heart is lighter and a part of the weight on my shoulders is lifted.

In short, it feels fan-fucking-tastic. Pardon my French.

We skipped the entire school day and used a forged doctor's note along with a fake phone call as a shielf from my parents and the school. We wanted to ride into the city, but the rain stopped us.

I finally get out of the cocoon of warmth and stood up. Lucas turned to me and looked at me, slightly confused.

"I wanna let off some steam. Are you coming?" I ask. Lucas nods and immediately stands up with me. I start walking away, but Lucas catches my hand and holds it in his.

He smiles and keeps walking. I lead the way, slightly dazed and giddy. But my mind shoved memories of Claire and a certain anger ignited inside of me.

I walk down to the basement and see a familiar and battered punching bag. I smirk and immediately get into position.

Lucas stands to the side as I let out all of the stress I feel inside of me. I punch and kick in a pattern I unconciously built. A pattern that seems random to everyone but me.

A light sheen of sweat covers my skin, but I keep going. My knuckles are bruised and a tiny but bloody, but I can't break the pattern. I might just die.

"You're quite good at this," Lucas finally says, breaking the silence. I send one last kick to the side of the bag before letting myself take a deep breath.

"I guess so," I reply. I wipe the sweat off my brow and sat down next to him. Lucas remains thoughtful for awhile, before standing up and pulling me with him.

He looks around before proceding to the center of the room. I follow, curious.

That is, until he renders me speechless when he takes off his shirt.

I suck in a breath, trying to keep my eyes away from his body. His defined muscles and his abs look mouthwatering. I almost drooled.

Lucas chuckles, my response amusing him. I glare at him, not making any move to get closer to the half naked man.

"You done checking me out now?" he teases. I scoff and cross my arms across my chest. I look away, trying to seem unaffected. He quirks an eyebrow, clearly not believing my act.

"I didn't think there was anything worth looking at," I say, trying to deflate his ego a bit. He pouts, pretending to be offended.

"Honestly though, I think you have a lot more going on under there than I do," he says, pointing at me. "If ya' know what I mean."

I stalk towards him and try to land a punch, but he catches my fist easily and blocks the punch. I growl, frustrated.

"Goddammit, let me hit you!" I said and tried to punch him with my other fist. He tries to block it, but it lands on his shoulder and he winces.

"Speaking of which, let's have a practice fight," Lucas says, his eyes glinting at the challenge. "Loser has to do anything the winner wants. Just one thing."

I smile and nod. Lucas lets me go and I step back. I crack my knuckles and start to get excited at the idea of Lucas being under my mercy.

Maybe I could make him do a pole dance or something...