Y O U R S

I now know why some people say that men come from Mars and women come from Venus. I mean, honestly, what the hell goes on in their heads? They can be so stupid sometimes.

Sprawled out on my bed with Lucas sitting beside my desk in the break of dawn is where I find myself tonight.

"What were you doing with Arc?" Lucas demanded. I look out the window at the sky, still dark enough for stars but bright enough to see that midnight is far behind.

"None of your damn business," I replied. Even I'm not stupid enough to just tell him that we went on a date.

"Why do you keep sneaking out with him? Honestly, Jesse, if you want company, I can give you company," he says, looking straight into my eyes.

"Well, what if I want his company?" I shoot back. I get up and stare right back at him.

"You don't want to be with me? Is that it?" he asks, his tone careful. He's bracing himself for rejection.

"No, Lucas. You don't understand. I like you a lot. You're a good friend," I say. I sigh and run a hand through my hair, trying to smoothe it out.

"And him? What do you see him as?" he demands. I almost roll my eyes. I look down at my pajamas. He's always going on and on about Arc and me. I hate it. He hasn't made a move on me, so he has no right to be jealous.

Not my fault he doesn't have the balls to.

"Even if we were more than friends, why do you care? Am I not allowed to date anyone I want?" I ask, trying to avoid answering his question. But Lucas moves abruptly, bringing his body closer to me. Before I could react, he grabs my face between his hands and forces me to look at him.

"I don't like you with him," he says. "I don't like you with anyone other than me."

I raise an eyebrow, confused. He sighs and thinks for awhile, trying to find the right words.

"You haven't made a move on me, Lucas. You have no right to think that," I say, trying to still sound steady and tough. But my voice betrayed me and my tone softened.

"Well, I'm making my move now!" Lucas says, anger blazing in his eyes for just a second. I jerk my head back in shock, but Lucas holds the side of my face firmly.

"Arc asked me out on a date," I softly admit. I bit my lip nervously. He's going to explode, I know it. I look down, avoiding his eyes.

His hands leave my face suddenly and I hear his fist pound on the bed. I could barely hold myself not to flinch.

"Dammit!" he roared. My eyes widen and I clamp my hand over his mouth tightly. If mom or dad hears him in here, there goes my freedom.

Lucas struggles for awhile, but I hold firm. I press a finger to my lips before pointing at the door. Lucas finally seemed to get it and he calms down.

"And what did you say?!" he asked furiously. I should be sleepy, but my eyes are wide awake and my mind is alert.

"And I thought you were smart," I sighed. "You saw us both together, and you still can't figure it out?"

I immediately regretted my words. Lucas's jaw clenched and his eyes are full of hurt and longing. I looked down in guilt.

A gentle hand softly carresses my cheek, wiping away stray tears that I hadn't noticed were falling. I looked up and saw Lucas looking at me with determination in his eyes.

"I want you to be mine, Jess." He pulled me closer and rested his forehead on mine. "I want to be yours."

"Why are you suddenly like this? You always acted like a friend around me, almost like a brother. And suddenly this came and I don't know- "