I G N O R E

I think everyone has heard of the saying that ignorance is bliss. Some people live by it, swearing that it is the only key to happiness.

I am not one of those people.

I hate people that just choose to turn the blind eye on what is right in front of them. To ignore the problem. To pretend it never existed. It just prolongs the inevitable.

But, then again, I am a procrastinator.

But if a problem such as Arc, the brooding but dangerous bad boy, smacks you right in the face, you kick it right back where the sun don't shine.

But the batard ran away before I could.

I still feel bad that I needed to leave Arc that way. Things broke off so suddenly and a part in my heart still aches for him. Still pities him.

But I know that prolonging it would only make it worse. For once, it's better not to procrastinate.

I do feel something for him. I really do. But I feel something more for my Lucas. My sweet Lucas. The Lucas that loves me for me and not my mask.

"I need to go home now, Lucas," I whispered to him. He nods, not knowing what I just saw, and kisses me one last time.

I hugged him close as we rode to my house, letting his warmth chase away the cold and empty feeling I have inside me.

:

As we sat on my bed watching Frozen for the hundredth time and sipping on hot chocolate, I find myself forgetting all about Arc.

Lucas was groaning and protesting the whole way when I pulled out Frozen. But I knew that was just for appearance. Who doesn't love Olaf?

Yeah, yeah, this isn't what stereotypical bad girls and bad boys do. But fuck stereotypes, Sven is adorable and no one can tell me otherwise.

"Kristoff is actually kinda cute and hot," I say halfway through the movie. Lucas scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"He talks to and lives with a reindeer! That is extremely unhygienic," Lucas says, pointing at Kristoff on the screen. I gasp, pretending to be offended.

"Do not insult Sven just because he's cuter than you are!" I protest and slap his chest. He rumbles with laughter and soon I'm joining him.

"Is it weird to always be insecure when you talk about other guys?" he asks. I laugh at that too, thinking it was a joke until he paused the movie.

I turn to him and say, "Kristoff is a completely fictional character, you idiot."

He kisses my forehead but something in his eyes still don't assure me.

"Jesse, you're beautiful. You're strong and funny. Brave and smart. How can boys not fall for you?"

Holy crap, he really is insecure. I almost scoff at that. Doesn't he know that almost the whole population in school hate me now because they think I'm a whore? And any boy that didn't hate me is scared shitless of Lucas.

"Lucas, I'm pretty sure that you scared off all the boys and no one dares getting anywhere near me," I point out. He runs a hand through his hair, still frustrated.

"Not all of them are scared off," he mumbles. My mind darts back to Arc and I look down to my lap.

"I broke it off with Arc already. Do you not trust me enough to not go back to him?" I demand, suddenly getting angry. Because all failed relationships are because of that one little word. Trust. Or lack of it.