Chapter 8

Last night was hell.

My wrists are swollen from the ropes Reece used to tie me up. I'm still freezing from the shower he made me take for thirty minutes. His voice still echoes in my head.

"Please Elena, just listen to me. Or face my consequences."

I stood there like a frozen statue. Unable to move, unable to speak. Reece went into the bathroom angrily and I heard the water start. He drug me into the bathroom. The shower door was open and I knew it wasn't hot, there wasn't any steam.

"Get in. Now!"

Reece gritted through his teeth. My body finally broke through and I took a small step.

"All of the way Elena."

Before I could move again Reece shoved me in the shower. Chills automatically ran up my spine like a spider on its web. Reece stood opposite of me and I couldn't rip my eyes away from his.

He wasn't a good man, but yet I stayed. I stayed through every little thing he put me through. This was just another one in the books. It didn't hurt anymore. I didn't cry anymore.

I knew who he was and I knew he wasn't changing.

·········

I lay in bed with the covers wrapped tightly around me. Memories of everything he had done to me replayed and replayed in my head.

They were stuck forever.

.........

"Elena!" I hear a child's voice from downstairs.

I step out of the bathroom, the curling iron still in hand. I hear feet pound up the stairs before a little girl comes into the bedroom.

I lay my curling iron on the counter and bend down to give her a hug.

"Lauren! My favorite niece."

"My favorite aunt."

I laugh.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm curling my hair." I reply.

"Pretty, can you do mine?" She smiles up at me. How could I say no?

"Let me finish these last few strands and then I'll do yours."

"Yay! Thank you so much Elena!"

I smile, she's too cute. Lauren is five years old and she is my niece, my only niece. Her father, Jack and Reece are brothers. Jack is older than Reece by three years.

Once I'm finished with my hair I start in on Laurens. She has thick brown hair just like her mom, Avery.

"Thank you Elena, it's really pretty." She tells me once I'm all done.
"You're welcome. It looks gorgeous."

She smiles up at me before bouncing around in circles. I grab my makeup palette and brushes, starting in on a natural look.

"Why are you doing your makeup?" Lauren asks me.

"Well it's fun for one. I also do it to make me look better." I laugh.

"That's what I need."

I laugh at her. "No you look pretty all the time. But do you want me to do yours?"

She bobs her head up and down fastly. It doesn't take me long to do my look since it's just tans and browns. I put a little eyeshadow on Lauren before I add blush and lip gloss.

"All done." I spin her around so she can see in the mirror.

"Wow, you're really good."

"Why thank you. Now why don't you head downstairs and show everyone your new look while I pick out my clothes."

"Okay." She says before running off.

I pick out a green lacy tank top and a pair of dark skinny jeans that I roll at the bottom. I put on tan strappy heels and gold jewelry.

I head downstairs and hear voices in the kitchen.

Ready. Set. Go. 

Vote and comment! :)