Chapter 10

I wrap my arms around Reece and lay my head on his shoulder.

"Reece I don't know what to say."

"I can't believe he had the nerve to contact my mother. I wonder if Jack knows, I need to tell him." Reece gets up and heads for the door.

"Why don't you just wait until morning." I tell him.

He stands there for a moment before walking back over to me. He takes a seat beside me, running his hand through his hair once again.

"I'm going to get ready for bed." I kiss him on the cheek and head into my closet.

I throw my clothes into a pile and grab my rose gold silky pajamas. I feel two warm arms wrap around me and his head rests on my shoulder.

"I love you Elena." He kisses my shoulder and I turn around in his arms.

I look into his eyes and see pain. Pain because he didn't have a father. Pain because he couldn't do anything about it when he was a child.

"I love you too Reece." I wrap my arms around his neck and give him a kiss before moving around him and going into the bathroom.

I shut the door and slide down onto the floor.

Three words. Three words I haven't said in what feels like forever. Three words that made that man know I was his. Those three words; I love you.

I finish up in the bathroom and when I open the door I find Reece laying in bed. I shut off the lights and climb in next to him.

"You know when you were gone I watched a scary movie," I tell him.

"You did?" He laughs.

"Yeah and I regretted it, big time."

"Only you Elena." He turns so he's facing towards me.

"Get some sleep," I say to him.

He gives me a quick kiss before I close my eyes.

Tomorrow will be long. Reece isn't the man to me as he is to others, but I'll be there for him.

Every step of the way.

Thank you for reading!
Vote and comment! :)