Chapter 28

Reece is gone, he had to leave and will be gone for two hours. He wasn't going to go because of me, but I reassured him I was fine. I am fine, just worrying way too much.

I change into yoga pants and a T-shirt before making a cup of coffee and grabbing my laptop, sitting on the couch.

I begin to type. To some it wouldn't make sense, but to me it's so real. I write what I cannot say, I write until what there is to remember is on the screen.

The two hours go by faster than what I had expected, but I was a typing machine and that makes time go fast.

"How was it?" Reece asks, leaning over the couch and kissing my head.

"It was good. I actually got something done," I say.

"Oh yeah? What's that?" Reece asks, plopping down next to me.

I bite my lip, nervous. I don't know why, Reece knows about everything.

"You know how you said I should talk to someone?" I ask and continue when he nods, "well instead of talking because I can't do that. I wrote it out," I explain.

"Wrote it out? Like everything?"

I nod and look over at Reece, waiting for his expression.

"That's a start and you can always tell me again," he tells me.

"The first time I talked about it, I thought you were going to go find him and kill him," I say, smiling.

"I wanted too. What he did, Elena.."

"I know," I interrupt him.

I take his hands in mine before he can run them through his hair, a habit of his.

I lay my head on his shoulder, thinking about everything we've been through.

We're both broken, we just don't easily show it. We've both fought through our own battles and now we're here to fight them again. Just this time, it's together.

Thank you for reading!
Please vote and comment! :)