Chapter 27

"Stop..stop," I beg.

"Elena, dear, you promised to be quiet," he whispers in my ear.

"James, please." A tear slips down my cheek.

"You're so beautiful," he mumbles, kissing along my jaw.

"You can walk away now, both of us can," I say.

"Now why would I do that? I have you right here, I'm. Never. Letting. You. Go."

.........

I jolt up in bed, breathing heavy. Reece sits up and rests his hand on my back.

"Bad memory?" He asks and I nod.

A couple tears slip down my face and Reece wipes them away, pulling me into his embrace.

"That's the second night I've had one," I state.

"Maybe you should talk to someone," Reece suggest.

"No, I can't do that. It was hard enough telling you and you are my husband," I say, shaking my head.

"I should have killed him that night."

"I don't want him here either, but you'd be in jail if I didn't stop you," I tell Reece.

"He hurt you, Elena, and he's still hurting you," Reece explains.

"Yes he is, but I got through it once. What's one more time?" I look down at my hands, I can get through this.

"You're a strong woman," Reece mumbles into my hair.

.........

I'm going into work with Reece, I'm too stressed to stay home. I'll worry about James all day, stressing more.

I shrug out of my coat, hanging it on the coat rack. I walk over to Reece's desk, leaning against it. He puts his pen down and leans back in his chair.

"You know I didn't have to come into today. I'll just have my secretary, Martha, email this all to me," Reece states.

"No, you need to do your work. I'm the silly one, I mean I'm too scared to stay home," I sigh.

"Hey, you are not silly for wanting to avoid being alone."

"But I shouldn't have to live in fear."

"No you shouldn't and you don't have too," he says, "look at me."

I look over at him and he tugs me into his lap.

"We'll get though this, together," he whispers in my ear.

"Promise?" I ask.

"Always."

Thank you for reading!
Please vote and comment! :)