Chapter 24

"James.." I finally muster up.

"Miss me?" He laughs lightly.

"Why are you here?"

"See the thing is I've been trying to find you for months now and I did last week, so I've been following you everywhere," he explains, standing behind me.

"What do you want, James?" I question.

"You," he whispers in my ear. "I will come and find you again and again until I get you," he says, walking off and laughing.

"Elena." I hear my name, "Elena," the voice says again.

"Huh," I mumble, looking up and meeting eyes with Reece.

"Is everything okay?"

"Uhm yeah, why wouldn't it be?" I plaster a smile on, hoping he'll buy it.

He shakes his head and grabs my hand, taking me outside. We're walking down the sidewalk in silence until I stop, making him halt as well.

"What happened in there?" I ask him.

"I will kill him, Elena." For a second I have hope that he's talking about James, but his expression tells me otherwise.

"Take a deep breath, Reece. Think about it. Please," I beg.

"He contacted me, told me he wanted to see me." He runs his hand through his hair, sighing.

"You should check on your mom. Your dad is probably trying to get in your head, so he can get to her."

"He's. not. my. dad," Reece says through gritted teeth.

"James is back," I blurt out.

"What?!" Reece says, turning so he's facing me. His expression, angry.

"When I was headed to the restroom, he said my name and I turned around. It was him, couldn't miss it." Tears brim the edges of my eyes. I can't cry over a man who destroyed me.

"Elena, why didn't you tell me five minutes ago?" He asks.

"I was scared, okay?"

"What did he say?"

"He's been following me for a couple of weeks, Reece. He said he was going to come back for me," I reply.

"No he's not. I will stop him," he tells me, "again."

"I trust you," I say to him.

Reece pulls me forward and into his arms. I rest my head on his chest, like I've done so many times before.

He's not perfect, who is? But he's never let me down.

Thank you for reading!
Please vote and comment! :)