Chapter 29

I'm sitting on the couch, scrolling on my laptop when there's a knock on the door.

I freeze. I place my laptop on the coffee table in front of me and stand up. I debate whether to hide or answer it. It's probably Janelle or a friend.

I am heading towards the door when they knock again, making me jump. Reece comes in and holds a hand up, telling me to stop. I gladly do so.

He opens the door and his shoulders tense up. Oh no, who could it be?

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"You wanted me, so here I am," the male voice answers.

"I wanted you, but you weren't available. Just like all the other times I needed you, you're never there," Reece argues.

"Well I'm here now and we don't all get the luxury of being rich,"

"Dammit Jack! Why do you always turn this on me?"

"Because even though you're always around, you're and will always be the selfish one."

"Keep talking," Reece urges.

I have to stop this.

"Breathe, Reece," I say.

He holds out his hand and I take it, he pulls me into his side and looks at his brother.

"I may be selfish at times. But no matter what, I'm always there," Reece states.

His brother, Jack, shakes his head and turns. He gets in his car and zooms out of the driveway, leaving us standing at the door watching him drive away, once again.

.........

I take a quick shower while Reece puts dinner together. I throw my wet hair into a braid and head downstairs.

"It smells good in here," I say, smiling.

"It's your favorite."

"You fixed chicken and noodles?" I ask.

"See for yourself," Reece says, stepping out of the way and pointing.

I walk over and breath in the sweet aroma. Reece wraps his arms around me and lays his head on my shoulder.

"I figured you could use something nice," he whispers.

"I could, so thank you," I answer.

We sit down with filled plates and I immediately take a bite, burning my tongue in the process. Reece holds in his laughter and I glare at him.

I help clean up the mess once we're both finished.

"I have a meeting tomorrow," Reece states.

"I'll be fine," I say, already knowing what's coming next.

"I worry though," he mumbles.

"I do too, buy worrying about it doesn't change anything."

"You're a strong woman."

"I have to be to put up with you," I say, turning in his arms.

He drops his head down, like he's ashamed. Maybe he should feel guilty, but I still love him.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that," I tell him. I place my hand on the side of his face and he looks up at me.

"Don't ever apologize for my wrong doings," he whispers to me, brushing a piece of hair back.

I nod, but don't get to say anything because his lips are on mine. He hasn't kissed me like this in forever. It's always a peck or forced, but this is so different.

He picks me up and I wrap my legs around his waist. He sits me down on top of the counter, pulling away to catch his breath. I run my hand through his hair, smiling.

He smiles back at me and I know he's thinking the same thing, feeling the same thing.

It's love.

Thank you for reading!
Please vote and comment! :)