Chapter 26

Reece hasn't been bothered by his father for the past couple of days and it's a relief.

Everywhere I go I can't help but be stressed. James hasn't come back around, yet. Reece keeps assuring me that I'm safe, but he doesn't understand.

James is a dangerous man and he will do absolutely anything.

.........

I walk into Reece's office and he's on the phone, so I take a seat in front of his desk.

He hangs up and sighs, running his hands through his hair. I walk over and lean against the desk. I grab his hands and force him to look me in yhr eye.

"It was Jack," he says before I can ask.

"He's not going to come at all is he?"

"Nope, I can't believe he won't come home and see mom."

"He isn't done and she's going to need you, so forget about Jack," I tell him.

"Let's go out tonight. We both need a break," Reece suggests.

"That actually sounds really nice," I agree.

Reece pulls me into his lap and I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Thank you," he mumbles.

"Always," I reply.

.........

I finish getting ready and notice Reece waiting on the bed. I grab my heels and put them on before walking over to Reece.

"Are you ready to go?" I ask.

I follow him downstairs and into the garage where his car is located.

Reece said he was going to take me out to a new place, so I'm excited to try it out.

Once we get seated I look around us, my new habit. Reece grabs my hand, taking me away from my thoughts.

"Forget about him, Elena," he tells me.

"I try, but it's hard. His words hang in my head everyday and I know he's after me."

"You have to trust me, you're safe," he reassures me.

"Until he comes back," I reply.

The waiter takes our order and we end up changing the subject.

Reece takes my hand as we're leaving, squeezing it.

I smile up at him, he's changed.

Thank you for reading!
Please vote and comment! :)