friends

I waved goodbye to Erin and left. I had been at her house most of the afternoon so I was now going home. I pulled my black beanie out and put it on. I also got my earplugs and phone out so I could listen to music on my walk home.

As I got closer to home, I got the feeling I was being watched but I shrugged it of and continued. "I'm back" I shout as I walk threw the door. "Beth" Riley said running up to me and giving me a massive hug. "dad's home and he got us presents" Riley continued as he leads me to the living room. Our parents are sat talking when we walk in but when they see us they stop.  My Dad tells me and Riley how great Switzerland is and then he gave us presents. Mine was a beautiful necklace with a heart. "I love it" I say and hug him. I truly had the best family in the world

THE NEXT MORNING

 I was eating breakfast when Scott rang. "hello" I say. "hey, me, Laura and Erin are going to the cinema wanna come" he asked. "sure what time" I ask.  "in 2 hours" he said. "ok see you then" I tell him and end the call.

2 hours later

Me and Scott were getting popcorn while Erin and Laura were sat in the cinema, watching the trailers.  "hey Beth, do you think we could hang out some time" Scott asked after he paid for the popcorn.  "sure" I say, I knew he was trying to ask me on a date with him but he's awkward when it comes to girls. "really" he said sounding shocked, "yes" I tell him and take the popcorn of the counter, I gave one bucket to Scott and kept the over. "I meant like a date though" he said. "I know" I say. A huge smile makes it way onto Scott's face which makes me smile to. Erin and Laura are laughing at something when we walk in. Me and Scott look at each other like 'what the fuck are they laughing at'.  We soon found out though because when we reached them they started to explain what was so funny. When the film started we stopped talking and watched it. In the middle of it, Scott did that thing were boys stretch and then put their arm around you. I managed to stop myself laughing. Erin and Laura were watching us but when I looked at them they turned their attention to the film.

My Dad and Riley were eating lunch when I walked in. "I'm home" I shout taking my shoes of. "Beth" my mum said.  "yeah" I ask, I had a bad feeling about this, she sounded upset and when my Dad came out of the kitchen I knew it was bad. "what happened" I ask. "Scott's mum is dead"  my mum said. "what's going to happen to Scott" I ask. Scott's dad died when he was a baby so it was just him and his mum and now his mum was dead. "we don't know but Scott might have to leave" my dad said and I started to cry. My Dad hugged me and I started to cry on him. "Beth" I hear Scott shout and seconds later the front door flies open revealing Scott, he had red puffy eyes which meant he had been crying. "she's dead Beth" he said and began to cry. I let go of my Dad and hugged him. "and I have to move" he mumbled. "where" I ask. "I have to move to my Aunts house" he said. "you have an aunt" I say surprised because I didn't know he had one. "I only found out a couple weeks ago and whats worse is she lives in California" he said. "you can't leave" I say. "I don't want to but I have to" he said. "what about collage" I ask. "I'm not sure, I think I have to go find one in California" he said. "your 17 can't you live on your own" I ask. "yes, but my mum's house is a crime scene and I have no money" he said. "what do you mean by crime scene" I ask. "someone or something killed her, she had been attacked by a animal and then stabbed" he said. "how's that possible" I ask. "I'm not sure, I've never seen a wolf around here and that's what attacked her" he said. "when do you leave" I ask. "tonight" he said hugging me tighter. "can't you stay here" I ask. "I have no money" he said sounding really sad. "we have a spare room, you could stay here, can't he" I tell him but I ask the last bit to my parents. "of course he can" my mum said. A big smile made its way onto Scott's face. "I'd love to" he said. "I'll get a job and pay rent of course but thanks" he told my parents. "your welcome" my mum said.

hours later

Me and Scott had just finished putting his stuff in the spare room. "this is going to make things a bit awkward" he said as we walked downstairs. I give him a confused look so he continued "I was going to ask you to be my girlfriend" he said. "so your not anymore" I ask. "will you be my girlfriend" he asked. "of course" I say. "Scott and Beth sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G, first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a horse drawn carriage" Riley sang and we looked around and saw him standing at the door. "shut up Riley, I'm not going to get pregnant anytime soon" I tell him. "how about married" he questioned. "no" I said. "I can't really imagine you in a wedding dress anyway" he said walking away.

For the rest of the day I tried to cheer Scott up and he laughed at some of my lame jokes but not all of them.  "you know what would cheer me up" he said pouring us both a drink. "what" I ask. "a kiss" he said. I rolled my eyes, he wanted me to kiss him. It may be hard to believe but if I did kiss him it would be my first kiss. I was a 17 year old girl who had never been kissed unlike my friends. Scott put a drink down in front of me and asked me what I was going to do. I kissed him on the cheek, he smiled and gently pulled me into him and before I actually begin to process what was happening, we were kissing. I eventually broke the kiss to breath and Scott just laughed. "you took away my first kiss" I say. "and your best kiss" he said. I punched him playfully on the arm.