A fight with consequences

Beth

It was nearly dinner time and Max hadn't returned. I had spent the day with Charlotte, we had gone into town and Charlotte almost caused a fight. "hey Beth, what do you want to do tomorrow" Charlotte asked as we walked downstairs. I was about to answer when Alice and her friends appeared. "Charlotte, why are you hanging out with a human oh wait, it's because you don't have any friends" she said and her friends laughed. "unlike you, the Alpha actually likes me and guess what I have friends" she said. "yeah a human" Alice said. I don't like how she said the word human and before I realised I had started an argument. "what's wrong with being a human" I ask and all 3 girls laugh. "you're weak" a girl said. "at least I don't turn into a wolf and howl at the moon" I tell her. "you shouldn't start an argument that you can't win" Alice said. "just like you can't win when it comes to being a nice person" I say sarcastically. "why you little bitch" Alice said walking towards me. "you idiot, she's going to hurt you" Charlotte said. "nothing I can't handle, now please don't stop her" I say. She nodded and backed of. Alice threw a punch at me but I dodged. "I see you're of to a good start" I tell her sarcastically. "you have no idea" she said and kicked me to the ground just as a few pack members appeared. "Alice, the Alpha will get angry" her friend warned as she threw a punch. Alice ignored her and tried to hit me again but I rolled over so she missed. I quickly get to my feet and notice everyone in the house is watching. "you really don't get it do you" Alice said and kicked me in the ribs. I his in pain because it was the same side as my recently broken ribs. "I get that you're insane" I reply and receive a punch. "well it's been nice having a couple of punches and a few kicks but now..." I say and knee her in the stomach. She stumbles back and then after a couple seconds she lunges at me but again I dodge and she ends up on the floor. "what the fuck is going on" I hear Max shout only he's using his Alpha voice. "Alpha, she just attacked me" Alice said in a fake voice. Max smiled at me before turning serious. "are you ok" he asked me and I nodded even though I wasn't "good because I don't except fighting like this so both of you follow me" he said. We followed him to his office and when he closed the door it was like he was a complete different person. "explain yourselves" he demanded glaring at both of us. "I was just walking downstairs and she attacked me so I had to defend myself" Alice said. Max nodded and then turned to me with hatred in his eyes. "well care to explain yourself" he snarled, I was scared of him so much that I couldn't speak. "fuck this, you will both receive a night in the cells" Images of what Marcus did to me resurfaced. "Beth" Max said his voice was normal again and he sounded worried. "please don't put me in there" I beg and he shakes his head. "I'm so sorry but I have to. If I show signs of weakness we both get hurt. Alice is doing this because she wants to be my mate. I had to and hopefully she will stop. I know you're not to blame so please forgive me" Max said and he looked as though he was about to cry. "promise nothing will happen" I say and he frowns "I promise" he said. "I forgive you" I tell him and big smile appears on his face. "really" he asked. "yes, we're mates of course I forgive you" I say and his smile only widens. "does this mean you have accepted me" he asked. Of course I haven't but I'm not going to tell him that "not completely but I'm starting to" he nods. "come let's eat and then I'll take you down" he said and lead me out. He stops "how bad did she hurt you" he asked. "not much, I'll live" I say and he nods "If you're sure" he mumbles and we continue walking. "you have a nice family by the way" he said just before we walked into the dinning hall. "you didn't hurt them did you" I say and he shakes his head "of course not, I liked your little brother the best" he said and opened the doors. Everyone stopped talking and looked at us. "carry on" Max tells them and takes us to our seats. "Max you know it wasn't Beth's fault" Charlotte said and the whole room went quiet again. "I know what happened" was all Max said, Charlotte was about to say something else but I stopped her "it's fine Charlotte".

The meal was quiet like always. Alice was giving me death glares and I gave her a couple back. Max had noticed so he stopped me and I think he gave her one. If looks could kill she would have been killed 100 times. "Alice" Max said after dinner. She came walking over. "let's go" he said and lead us to the dungeons. "I'd like to request a cell which isn't next to Alice" I say and he nods "you can have any you want" "what about me" Alice said and Max shrugged "what about you" he asked and Alice glared at me. I stopped when I looked at the cell I was in before. Flashbacks of losing my virginity appeared. Max must have realise because he lead me to the furthest cell away. "is this ok" he asked. I nod and he opens the door and I walk in. "I'll be back in the morning" he said and put Alice in a cell before leaving.