finding the killer

BETH

"morning" Max said as I begun to open my eyes.  I was still tired so I turned away and put the duvet over my face. Max just laughed at me though "someone isn't a morning person" he said and seconds later the duvet were ripped from me and were laying on the floor. I buried my head in the pillar hoping Max would leave me alone and for a minute, I thought he had. That was until a felt ice cold water running down my back. I sat up and saw Max, laughing and holding a empty glass. "what was that for" I ask, getting up. "I don't need a reason, I'm the Alpha" he said, grinning very smugly. I couldn't care less if he was the Alpha, I wanted to stay asleep but no.  "so what, you shouldn't do that to people how would you like it if I did that to you" I tell him. "I'd like to see you try" he said sarcastically. I snatched the cup out of his hand and went into the bathroom, I filled it with cold water and walked back out. Max was leaning on the wall with his arms crossed, watching me. "this is for pouring water on me" I say and pour the water down his top before he had the chance to do anything. "you will regret that" he said and seconds later I was being pinned against the wall. "what are you doing" I ask, he frowns when he see's i'm nervous but it then turns into a smirk. He took his top of and I nearly screamed because of what Mathew did. Seconds after he took his top of he squeezed the water from the top onto me. "idiot" I say and push him away. "It could have been worse" he shrugged. "how could it be worse" I ask. "I could have poured a bucket of water on you" he answered, just as someone knocked on the door. Max looked annoyed but went to answer it. Jack walked in as soon as he opened it. "come in, I guess" Max said as he closed the door. Jack looked at me and then Max "am I interrupting something" he asked. "kind of, now what do you want" Max replied. "we found the rogue that has been killing humans recently" Jack said and all I could think of was Scott's mum. "you ok" Max asked. "err yeah, I'm going to get changed" I tell him and he nods.  I grab some clothes go into the bathroom to get changed.

MAX

I was a bit annoyed with Jack for interrupting. I know Beth hasn't accepted the bond yet but it's a start. I think?    Jack had come to tell me the rogue had been caught. I noticed Beth was just staring, like she was thinking of something. "so what have you two been doing" Jack asked once she left. "none of your business, where is the rogue now" I answer. "He's in the dungeons, I have a list of the people he has killed, you might want to go see them in case they get the police involved" Jack told me and gave me a list of names. 16 names all together. "ok, I'll go see them tomorrow, is there anything else" I say and he shakes his head "no"   "ok, you can leave" I tell him as Beth opens the door. "I'll see you later then" Jack said and left. "your breakfast is on there, I'm going to get changed and then we'll talk" I tell Beth and point to the coffee table.

BETH

I had just finished my breakfast and I was now waiting for Max to come out. The way he said 'talk' made me nervous and I began to think of all the possible things he might want to talk about. No doubt the mate thing will come up. I feel horrible for making him think I have accepted him as my mate but I have to do it for my family. "hey, what you thinking about" Max asked and sat next to me. "stuff, why" I answer. "anything you want to talk about" he asked. "not really, you're the one who wanted to talk" I tell him. "yeah, I'm going to ask you a question and I want you to be honest" he said. "ok" I say. "do you know someone who has been killed by the rogue" he asked. I slowly nod as I remember Scott's face when he came running into my house. "who" he asked. "my friend's mum got killed a day before I got taken here" I tell him. "how do you know it was the rogue" he questioned. "My friend told me a wolf killed her" I mumble. "okay, have you seen the rogue before"   "no but the day I got taken here, I left my phone in the car so I went and got it but when I was coming back I heard it and it was really close" I say. "your friend where does she live"   "it's a he and he lives with my parents because he has no where else to go" I say not mentioning he was my boyfriend. "anything I should know about you two" he asked, I think he realised there was something else to our 'friendship'.  "no" I answer hoping he believed me but he didn't "don't play dumb you don't like me because you have a boyfriend and it's him" he said. "sort of" I tell him and he nods. "don't worry I won't kill him. I won't even mention you" he said. "promise" I say. "I promise" he said and left the room. I had a bad feeling about this.

MAX

I now know why she hasn't accepted me as her mate, she already had a boyfriend. Of course I would like to get rid of him permanently but that would make Beth hate me and I think I'm improving. I do however have a plan to get rid of their relationship. In fact after questioning the rogue I'm going to visit the families today.

1 HOUR LATER

That was a waste of time, The rogue told me nothing and so I killed him. I jog up to my room and see Beth and Charlotte sat on the sofa talking. "charlotte can you leave, I need to talk to Beth" I say. She nods and jumps up. After she left I sat down next to Beth. I couldn't tell her what I wanted to because she looked so sad. "err be good" I say getting back up. I quickly grab some clothes and go into the bathroom to change. My clothes consisted of a plain grey long sleeve V-neck top and some black jeans.

"I'm going" I say when I come out of the bathroom. "okay please don't hurt my family" she said. "of course not" I say and run back out. I get in my car and drive to the first house on the list. I had decided I was going to go see Beth's family last.

3 HOURS LATER

I'm on my way to Beth's parents house. The families I had visited all said the same thing. The police investigated but it was believed to be an animal so they dropped the case. I am actually quite nervous about meeting her family, I wanted to make a good impression. I'm not sure what to say because I can't tell them the same lie as the others because I have their daughter. Oh well I'll think of something. I park my car and get out. This should be fun (sarcasm)  I knocked on the door and a little boy answered. "Mum there's a man here" he shouts and a woman comes to the door. She had red puffy eyes and I could tell she had been crying. "may I come in" I ask. "who are you first" she replied. I smile at least she's cautious unlike the others who let me into their house without asking. "my name is Max and I'm here about the killings" I say. "well I'm sorry but Scott isn't in at the moment so maybe you should come back later" the woman said. "I rather wait" I tell her but before she could say anything the little boy spoke "look whoever you are, you need to come back later. My parents and I are busy but unless you have any information on my sister then I suggest you leave" "well if you'd let me come in I could ask some questions and I might be able to find her" I say. What a lie, I knew where she was. "ok" the woman said and led me into a living room. "so you're daughter, what is she like" I ask sitting down. The woman hesitated before answering "she was a very sarcastic girl and she always used to prank people with her brother. She hung out with her friends a lot too"  I nod  "what exactly happened at the restaurant"  The woman began to tell me exactly what happened and I admire her courage and bravery. By the end of the story I was positive that she would make a good Luna one day. "please can I take a look in her room" I ask. "what for" the woman asked. "to look for clues" I answer again that was a lie. I just wanted to look around. "of course" she said and directed me to her room. Her son had called so she had to go see him. This was good for me because she wasn't watching me. As I walked into her room, I realised that one day these people will become family. I look around her room and notice something under her bed. It was a shoe box at first I didn't think anything of it unroll I looked inside. A IPad was inside and that's when an idea came into my head. I am going to take it. I quickly jump out of her window and go to my car. I put it in before returning back to her room. "what are you doing in here" I hear someone ask. I turn around and see a boy around Beth's age. Must be her boyfriend. "I came to see you about you're mum" I say. "why are you in Beth's room then" he asked. "I'm taking a look around to see if I can find any clues on where the men might have taken her" I answer. "are you a cop" he asked. "something like that. I'm done with her room now tell me are you her boyfriend" I say and he said yes. "okay, I came round to tell you the killer has been caught" not a lie. "really" he said. "yes now I must go I've got other things to do"