finding out

two weeks had past since I had been here. Everything was actually going ok but I missed my family and friends. Max had never shouted me or hit me. Alice and her friends didn't bother me and me and Charlotte had become good friends, my ribs were nearly back to normal like my scars. "you need to go get dressed" Max said as he fastened the laces on his shoe. I was not a morning person so Max let me sleep in someday and he brought my breakfast up, today was one of those days. "fine" I say, getting up. I grab some clothes and go into the bathroom. After having a shower I change into the clothes. When I walk out Max is sat waiting for me, "come eat your breakfast" he said and I took my breakfast and sat on the sofa, he came and sat next to me. Obviously he had something to tell me. "today is the pack run" he told me and I choked on my food because I was laughing. Max had told me he had more than 600 people in his pack and if the pack run is exactly what it sounds like that would mean over 600 people running. "so all your pack are doing it" I ask and he laughs "it would look a bit suspious if 780 people and some wolves were running so no we are not"  "then who's doing it" I ask. "everyone in this house apart from the children who will be at school and a few people from the town" he said. 25 people lived here including children, I think there was 15 adults so it wasn't to bad. Most of the pack lived in the town but the good thing about were the town was located was when I escape I don't have to go through it because I can just go straight threw the woods. "so I'm going to be on my own" I ask and he nods "yes, but if you run away I will find out and I will bring you back" he said. I still don't know why I'm here and what he's going to do with me. "the only places you can't go in the house are in the locked rooms" he said. "anything else I should know" I ask. "yes, we're going in 25 minutes and we won't be back until 4:30" he said. "ok see you then" I say. "see you later" he said and walked out leaving me to eat the rest of my breakfast.

After everyone left for the run I decided to go and explore this place. It didn't take long until I found a library so I went in. I looked at the books but none of them looked appealing until I saw a series of books I've been reading and they had the next book so I picked it up and began to read, after a short amount of time I got lost in it.

MAX

I wasn't completely sure that I should leave Beth on her own. She could run away, someone could take her or someone might come and hurt her. Jack was the one who convinced me to let her stay on her own because I was going to get Charlotte to stay with her but he had told me that if I wanted her to like me I have to trust that she won't run away. We are now on the run, 24 of us are running and we're all in our wolf forms. We use our mind to communicate when we are wolves. "Alpha how much further" I hear a pack member from the town ask and my wolf sent him a glare "17 miles" I tell him. I hear lots wolves sigh. I don't see the big deal because I could run there, stop and have a break, have lunch and be back within and hour. We had already run 20 miles and we had taken a lunch break and hour ago but it was now 2:00pm.

3 hours later

We had just got back and it was already starting to get a bit dark. I ran up to my room "I'm back" I say when I walk. She wasn't inside but I didn't expect her to stay in here all day anyway so I quickly had a shower and got changed into some black jeans and a white t-shirt. When I finished I went downstairs hoping to find Beth somewhere down there.  

"Beth" I shout as I walk back upstairs, she wasn't downstairs and no one had seen her. "she's probably upstairs" Jack said trying to calm me down because he knew I was getting angry. I told her not to run away and if she ran I would get angry in seconds. "Beth" I shout again. Still no answer. I searched all the rooms what were open and still no sign of Beth. "Beth, you better get out here now" I shout clenching my fists trying to contain my anger but when she doesn't appear I lose it. I punched the wall, leaving a hole in it.  I re-check my room in case she went back but unfortunately she didn't. I then remembered the mate bond so I decided to find her by that. Eventually I found the library. I hope she's in here, its the one place I hadn't checked because it's mainly got old books in. "Beth" I say much calmer in case I scare her but I don't hear her. I scanned the room with my eyes and I still couldn't see her "Beth" I shout and that's when I hear a scream coming from the corner of the room. I slowly make my way other and see Beth breathing heavily. "why didn't you answer me" I ask. "I fell asleep" she mumbled. "okay, I thought you ran away so I'm sorry for shouting" I tell her and she nods in response. "what are you thinking about" I ask when I realise she's thinking about something. "you" she mumbled and a smile appeared on my face. "come lets talk in our room" I tell her and grab her arm. Seconds later we're in our room. "so what are you thinking about me for" I ask as I sit down next to her on the sofa. "you haven't told me what you are going to do to me and I you haven't told me the real reason your being nice" she said. "I'm not going to do anything to you and I'm a nice person" I tell her, its a big lie though but I didn't want to tell her the truth because she isn't ready yet. "okay so lets say I believe you, which I don't but if it's true why the hell am I sleeping in your bed" she asked. Well I can't say I'm being nice for that so I tell her the truth. "your my mate" I say and she looks at me confused. "your my other half, my soulmate" I say hoping she would understand that better. "no I'm not" she said.  "you are" I say. "no I'm not, you can't make me love you" she said trying to get up but I stopped her. "let me go" she said. "I know I can't make you love me and for some reason you're rejecting the bond however you will love me someday" I tell her and she crosses her arms "no offence but building a relationship with a man who's keeping me hostage is a bad idea" she said, I didn't have an answer for this because she was right and I hated the idea of her being my hostage. "shall we go get dinner" I ask trying to change the subject but she just shook her head. "I think it's pizza tonight" I say hoping she loves pizza. "fine, but only because I'm hungry"

BETH

I don't want to be his mate, I have a boyfriend. Whoever came u with idea of mates must be insane because two random people falling in love when they first see them is insane. I mean one could be a serial killer while the other could be someone who wouldn't even kill a fly. I know exactly why I'm not in love with him but I can't exactly tell him its because I have a boyfriend who I love because I wouldn't put it past him to hunt him down and kill him. "hey Beth, what have you been doing today" Charlotte asked as I sat down at the table next to her. "nothing much" I mumble. Charlotte looked at Max, who looked annoyed and then back at me, I probably looked annoyed. "you had an argument didn't you" she said. "no I told her she was my mate and she didn't take it well" Max said. "I have a name" I say and he shrugs but before he could say anything a man whispered something in Max's ear and then his eyes darkened. "bring them in here" he said, the man nodded and walked out. I was curious and I think everyone else was but I knew he was annoyed so I just ate my dinner. It was only at the end of it, the man brought a man and a little girl in. The little girl looked terrified while the Man just smiled. "who's that" I whisper to Charlotte  "that's Megan, she's a part of the pack and she lives in town. Her Dad likes to drink" she whispered back. "so Elliot would you like to tell everyone what you have been doing" Max said. "not really, you may be the Alpha but I should be allowed a personal life" Elliot replied and Max looked as though he was about to snap. "you are allowed a personal life but when you're getting wasted every night it becomes and issue" Max said in his Alpha voice. "so I can't drink anymore" he asked. Wow this guy was full of himself. "not when you are hitting your daughter" Max said and punched him. "she's my daughter and I will do what I want with her, besides Megan doesn't mind do you" Elliot said looking at Megan for the last part. Megan looked nervous and she was probably about to cry. "I don't care how Megan feels about it, you shouldn't hit her" Max said and punched him several times. "Beth take Megan out" Max said once he saw Megan cry. I knew he wanted me out because he didn't want me to see what he was going to do. I got up and took Megan's hand and then walked her out.  "are you ok" I ask as we walk towards the kitchen. "not really" she said. "wanna talk about it" I say and sit her on a stool. I go to the fridge and pour us both a cup of orange. "promise you won't tell" she said as she took a sip of the juice I had given her. "promise" I tell her, sitting down. "my Dad hits me, but tonight he told me he wished I'd never been born and it was my fault my mum died. He threw me across the room and started to beat me. It wasn't until a man walking past heard the noise and came in, he stopped. The man took me straight to the doctor in town then he brought me here and told a man what happened. He sent some people to arrest him and now I'm here" she told me and she started to cry. "its going to be ok" I say and hug her, she hugs me back. "the worst thing is that I don't care what happens to him even though he's my dad" she said and hugged me tighter. We then heard the door open and then lots of people came out. Charlotte walked in and smiled however it was fake one. "Max is super angry, we all had to leave" she said when I asked her what was going on. Megan just kept hugging me whilst crying. "he's going to kill me to isn't he" she said looking up at me. "no" Charlotte answered and then there was a scream. "I better go" Charlotte said and left. Seconds later a angry looking Max came walking in which made Megan move closer to me. "you are an orphan" he said. "so you killed him" Megan asked. "yes, I would say that i'm sorry but he deserved to die so I'm not. A woman is coming to pick you up and she will take you to the orphanage" he told her. "you have an orphanage" I ask, I wouldn't be surprised if half the kids there had their parents killed by Max. From what I've seen of him, he's evil, he might be nice around me but he has killed 2 people within the time I had been here maybe more. "yes, most of the kids lost their parents when they got killed by hunters" he said and walked out, taking Megan with him.

A WHILE LATER

Max walked into the room looking upset. "what's up" I ask. He came and sat next to me "I really didn't want to kill her Dad but he pissed me of so much, I was just going to throw him in prison but he just had to mention my father" Max said. "you said humans killed your father but, how did they" I say.  "hunters killed him but I don't want to talk about. When I was 11 my mum got killed and when I was 18 so did my dead. I decided from that day on I would make sure every child who lost their parents had an actual home and they were still taken care of. I had an orphanage built unlike human ones the orphanage has everything a child could want, the children don't share a room they have their own, its even got a cinema" he replied. I was surprised by what he said but at least he doesn't turn his back on them.  "anyway that's enough talking get to bed" he said. It was 10pm so I did. 

While I lay in bed I came up with a horrible way to get out of here. If I got caught Max would probably never trust me again. He told me he was my mate and even though I didn't want to be his mate I was going to act like it. I was going to accept the bond and when the right time comes I will escape.