chores and claws

I stare at him in shock which makes him laugh. "your first task is to go give Jack these" he said and handed me some papers. "where is he" I ask. "I'm not sure but it should keep you busy" he answered and pushed me out of his room. I walked down the hallway, I have only seen Jack twice and that was when I was being carried to Daniel's room and this morning at breakfast. "Beth are you ok, I heard Max was going to punish you" Charlotte said coming up to me. "I have to do everything he says until tomorrow evening" I tell her. "what's he got you doing then" she asked eyeing the papers in my hand. "I have to give these to Jack, do you know where he is" I reply. "probably in his office" she said. "I'll take you there" she said and the next thing I'm being led threw many corridors. "here" she said and knocked on the door. "come in" we hear a voice probably Jack. "your on your own now" she said and ran of. I took a deep breath and walked in. Jack looked me up and down before talking "I heard what happened with Max, what was the punishment"  "I have to do everything he say's until tomorrow evening" I tell him and he shakes his head "are those for me" he asked pointing to the papers. "err yeah, I was told to give them to you" I say, he nods and takes them of me and puts them on his desk. "well tell me what you think of Max" he said. I knew he would probably tell Max so instead I said "not a chance, you'll go tell him" He laughs "do you like him"  "in what way" I ask because that could mean different things "I think you know which way" he asked smirking as he did. That's when I knew he meant something like do I love him and the obvious answer to that is no. "no, now can I go" I reply, he looks surprised but nods. I leave and go back to Max's room. When I go in he looks at me giving me a 'what you doing back' look. "I gave him the papers" I mumble. "okay now you can go get me a beer" he said. "you have legs" I say. "of you go" he said ignoring what I just  said. He can be so annoying at times.

I grabbed a beer from the fridge but when I turned around I saw 3 girls who were glaring at me. "lock the door" the one who seems to be in charge said. "let's get one thing clear" the girl then said and pulled my hair. Another girl took the beer of me while the other guarded the door. "the Alpha is mine and not yours" the girl who was still pulling my hair said. "I know he's not mine" I say. The girl guarding the door laughs "she doesn't know" she said. The other two laughed as well and then I get punched by the second girl multiple times. "stay away from him" the one in charge said and I feel something sharp dig into me. Her claws. "your beer" she said and handed back to me. I gladly took it and left as quickly as I could. I wonder what they meant by 'she doesn't know'.

MAX

I had no intention of punishing Beth but getting her to do some stuff for me not only saved time but it was entertaining. I had sent her for a beer and she still hadn't come back, it had been 20 minutes. She probably got lost or started talking to someone although I had a bad feeling about it. I hear my door opening so my attention goes straight to the door. Beth walks in and I can smell blood. "what happened" I ask walking up to her and take the beer out of her hands. She looked at me and started to cry. I pulled her into a hug and she hugged me back "I...I didn't d..do a..anything" she said threw tears. I was mad but not at her but at the person who hurt her. No one hurts my mate and get's away with it. "who hurt you" I ask. "I don't know" she told me. "why did they hurt you" I ask. "I'm not sure but one girl warned me to stay away from you" she said. I now know exactly who hurt her, Alice she had been my girlfriend for a few years but I broke up with her knowing I had a mate to find, she never gave up though. "what did she do to you" I ask. "one girl punched me and the other who told me to stay away from you pulled my hair and dug her claw into me" she answered and then I notice a little hole in her top and around it was blood. "take it of" I say, she shakes her head but I gave her a warning look and she takes it of. Alice's claw had gone deep and it was bleeding a lot. "I'll be back in a minute" I say and leave my room. I use my werewolf speed and run towards the pack hospital for a fist aid kit. I don't keep one in my room because I heel and if it's serious I go to the pack hospital which is very rare. "Alpha are you ok" Mason asked as I take a first aid kit. "I'm fine, Beth isn't though" I say and run back to my room. Beth was now sat on the sofa "I need to stop it bleeding" I say. I notice her hesitation but she nods. The wound was just below her boobs so it was awkward not that I minded being that close however I hate the idea of making Beth uncomfortable. I quickly sort the wound out and clean the blood besides it. I had realised she had gone stiff ever since I touched the wound and her breathing was shallow. After I had finished I took a look at the bruises, they were a range of colours. I then took a look at her back and luckily the marks were gone. "go put a top on, Charlotte came earlier with your clothes, she put them in there" I say pointing to a wardrobe. The wardrobe had been empty before, when I redecorated I insisted on having 2 wardrobes one for me and when I find my mate one for her.. Beth went to the wardrobe and took out a blue top and quickly put it on. I looked at the clock, it was tea/dinner time in 10 minutes. "it's dinner time lets go get something to eat" I say, she nods shyly and I take her hand and lead her downstairs. Everyone looks at us when we come down, they all know she's my mate. "what" I ask. "nothing Alpha" a man answered. "good" I say and we enter the dining room. I make Beth sit next to me. I notice Alice and her friends are sending Beth death glares so I sent them one back. The meal went fine after that. Everyone was talking to each other. My table what consisted of the imporatant people and my close friends. I noticed Charlotte looking a little nervous "hey charlotte you ok" I ask. She nods "It's nothing" she said. It's nothing always means something so I will ask her after dinner. I'm guessing it's something to do with her ex boyfriend.

Beth

Once dinner had finished Max took me back to his room and then he went of to talk to charlotte. I was now sat watching TV and someone had videoed what happened the night I got taken. I smile when I see my family. They really are the best family a girl could wish for. When I look at Scott I not only see his face full of worry and determination, I see pain. He had just lost his mum and now me but I was determined to escape. I knew I had to no matter what it takes. "I presume that's your family" I hear Max say and I turn around and he's stood watching TV. "the family I'm never going to see again because I'm trapped here and you won't tell me why" I say trying to make him feel guilty. "earn my trust and I might let you go outside as for the why, I will tell you when I think you're ready" he said. Well it looks like I have to earn his trust. "how do I earn your trust then" I ask. He sighed and came and sat next to me. "my parents were killed by humans so it's going to be hard however I already trust you a bit" he said. Now I felt sorry for him but it might be useful for later. "just don't betray me or lie to me" he said. That was going to be hard but I can do it. "you have already gained a bit of my trust because you didn't do anything stupid whilst shopping" he continued after he finished, he turned the TV of. "go get ready for bed" he said and walked out again. I did as I was told and soon I fell asleep.

MAX

Trust is very important to me even if she is my mate, I'm not going to let my feeling's for her cloud my judgement. Jack had told me earlier that he asked her if she liked me and she had said no. I was quite surprised because she was the first girl  not to fall in love with their mate straight away.  I needed to find out more about her so I had to get her trust to.