realizing

MAX

I looked at the escape plan one more time. I couldn't get over the fact that she had tried to escape. It has been a week since I put her in there and a week since I saw her. I had told a guard to give her food because I couldn't even bare to be in the same room. "breakfast is ready" Ethan said as he walked into my room. I turn the tablet off and follow him out.

We get to the bottom of the stairs and Alice appears, I groan in annoyance. "Alpha I was thinking now that Beth has gone we could be together" she said and I rolled my eyes while Ethan laughed a bit. "Beth hasn't gone and she's still my mate and we'll still be together" I tell her and she frowns "but she doesn't love you, she tried to run away from you" she protested. It took me a minute to realise I hadn't told her about Beth's plan to escape in fact I've only told Ethan and Jack. "how do you know she tried to run away" I ask and she seems worried. "I...I" that's all she had to say before I realised she had created the plan. I'm such a jerk, I didn't believe my own mate. "you bitch" I shout as my anger consumes me. "Alpha I'm not quite sure what you mean" she said innocently as everyone living in the pack house appeared. "you know damn well what I mean, you set my mate up. You vile and disgusted waste of oxygen" I spat and punch her multiple times. Everyone looks scared and shocked. "please don't do this" Alice said through tears. "I don't have time for you" I say and kick her to the ground before facing my pack. "you may all eat breakfast, I will not be joining you until later" I announce and then leave. I had to go apologize to Beth.

BETH

1 week, that's how long I've been in here, sure I get food, a change of clothes and a chance to use the bathroom but I hate staying in this cell. Max, my so called mate hates me and I hate him. I don't want to be his mate, I just want freedom. "Beth" I hear Max call. Well I'm guessing he's here to shout at me or something worse since I haven't seen him in a week. "what do you want" I ask once he appears. "I'm sorry, I should have trusted you" he said and opened the cell door. I carefully walked out and we both stood looking at each other for what seemed like ages. "please Beth, I know you have no reason to forgive me for what I have done but please try" Now he wants my forgiveness, well he's not getting it, he didn't trust me, he locked me in the cells for a week and I hate him. "what made you realise I didn't make an escape plan" I ask. "Alice said something about it and the only people who knew were Ethan and Jack" he told me. "well your not getting my forgiveness because I hate you" I say and he looks sad. "Please Beth, forgive me, I'm so sorry" he begged. "I wish I never went to that restaurant" I mumble and he looks confused so I explain "if  didn't go to the restaurant I would still be at home with my family and away from you" he looked really upset but I didn't care I was upset. He tried to reach for my hand but I pulled it away, I felt a bit guilty when I saw his face but I quickly reminded myself he locked me in the cells for a week. "please forgive me" he said, more like begged. I don't forgive him but I still need to get out of here and now that he feels really guilty I could use it to my advantage. "okay but you better not do it again" I tell him and he smiles "of course not, let's get out of here"

It had been almost a whole day since I got let out of the cells and dinner had just finished. Max had disappeared which was good because he kept apologizing and it was starting to get annoying. "you're still here then" Alice said and when I looked at her she glared. "looks like it" I mumble. She sniggers "you know the Alpha doesn't trust you" of course I knew that but how else am I suppose to escape. "whatever" I say and walk to Max's office, although he was annoying I wanted to start my new plan on getting out of here. I knock and after a few seconds I hear max "come in" When I walk in he's looking through some papers. "hey Max" I say sitting on a sofa. "hey, you don't have to knock on my door, you can walk straight in" he said whilst signing the papers. "okay, I wanted to talk to you about the mate thing" I say and he comes and sits next to me straight away. "I'm listening" he said. "err I accept you, Yes I did I have a boyfriend but we had only just started going out so it wasn't serious and I won't be going back. I want us to be serious though so yeah, I accept you as my mate" I tell him and he's smiling so much. "I accept you too" he said. "but I don't want to be marked yet" I say and he nods "that's fine, I'll wait" he said.

"hey Max, does your pack know you have a mate" I ask and he answers straight away "some but not all, why" Thank god. "err why don't we throw a party, invite all your pack members to celebrate us and to make it official" I suggest, he thinks for a minute "yeah okay, great idea"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

comment and vote

what does everyone think