Hide and Seek- Fred Weasley

Grass and weeds a few feet scratch my legs as I run by.  My breath is heavy as I sprint to find a place to hide. My heart is beating so fast I can feel it pulsing in my head.
   I here foot steps a few yards behind me. Someone else is coming in my direction. I have to step it up a bit more if I don't want to be caught.
    I look around I can't see anywhere to hide. I start to run again but trip over a large boulder and fall onto the other side. I feel a burning pain in my knees when someone grabs me and pulls me behind the rock.
   "I think the point of the game is to find somewhere to hide."
   I then recognize who it is, it's Fred. He's smiling at me with that joking look in his eyes. I can tell he's been under here for a while.
  "I was trying to! But you know George doesn't really count to one hundred. He cheats!"
"Well I'd assume he would because I do the same." He laughs.
     I shake my head smiling at the ground, "Can you two ever play a game fair?"
"Depends on your definition of 'fair'."
I take a seat on the wet ground pulling up my jeans that were ripped when I fell.
   When I fell I scraped me knee causing it to bleed. It's still bleeding though, and it's a lot of blood.
  "Woah there, what happened to your knee? Are you alright?"
I look back up at him to see that he's looking down at my bleeding leg.
"Oh, uhm yeah- Im okay it's just a scratch."
"I think that's a bit more than a scratch. Let me help you with that."
"Oh no it's fine. I got it. It's all good."
  He sits down on the ground next to me and tears off the bloody part of my pants. 
"Sorry, I just didn't want it to stick to your skin and dry. That would hurt."
   "I said I didn't need help-"
"Yeah but you don't know what you're saying."
He rips off another part so that my entire leg from the knee down is exposed.
  "I promise I'll have my mum fix your pants later."
"Nah it's fine."
"I wouldn't have torn them if the cut wasn't very deep. But this is actually really well- bad. Did you fall on something sharp like broken glass or something?"
   I try to remember what was on the ground when I fell. But I can't really remember, all I remember is my knee burning.
   "Well I think there was but I can't remember. But it didn't feel like normal ground."
"You might've fallen on a sharp rock or a broken bottle."
  I didn't doubt him because it did hurt a lot, more than other times I have fallen down at least.
  "Oh yeah, it was a bottle." He says in an obvious tone.
"What? How can you tell?"  I ask.
"Well...you might not like this but you have a shard of glass in your leg."
  I gap at him hoping this is just one of his jokes but for once he looks serious.
  "Do you think it'll cause bad damage?"
"Not if I pull it out."
"Woah there! I don't need you messing around with a broken piece of glass that's stuck in my knee."
"Oh hold still! This will only take a second!"
"No! I don't need your help!"
    He grabs my shoulder and looks at me in the eyes,"Trust me. I'll try to make it as painless as possible." Something about his voice right then calmed me down a bit. I feel a little better about it so I nod my head for him to continue.
  "Okay, you can hold my shoulder if you need to. This may hurt just a bit..."
I nod again and grab his shoulder. He hands me a rolled up piece of fabric from my pants.
   "Here, you may need to bite down on something."
I look at him skeptically asking him why with my eyes.
"Gosh don't look at me like that! Jut put this in your mouth!" He says sternly as he shoves the fabric into my mouth.
   "Okay just hold still and try to relax, okay?"
"Mkay-" I mumble through the fabric.  He places one hand on my knee as to hold it steady  and with the other one he begins to pick at the flesh hanging off my leg.
  I flinch at the pain it causes but keep quiet.
"Sorry. I just have to find a way to get a hold of it."  I bow my head telling him to continue.
  I can feel him digging his fingers through the cuts in my knee. I get curious to see his progress so I look down at his hands.
I immediately regret looking, my knee is bleeding a ton by the second. I get really nauseous at the sight of blood.
  "You okay? I finally got a grasp on it, just be still okay?" He gets the point that I can't say anything so he begins to pull the glass shard out of my skin.
   I realize why he had given me the fabric to put in my mouth, I bite down as hard as I can and let out a bit of a scream.
  It seems like it hurts more now than when I had fallen down. But instead of the burning feeling it feels like my skin is ripping like my jeans were torn apart.
  "I almost got it." He assures me with a promising look on his face. With a somewhat gentle tug he extracts the glass from my leg.
  "Got it." He says while holding up a long piece of glass about an inch and a half long.
  I take the piece of jeans from my mouth and drop it on the ground. Looking at how long the shard is.
  "Woah..." is all I can manage to say.
"Yeah, I was surprised you were still walking afterwards."
"Mhm..."
   I look back at him and he is already looking at me. I feel my cheeks burn. We're back to reality. Back to our game of hide and seek at the Burrow.
  But for some reason I feel like this Fred isn't the same as the one I was with when the game started.
  "Fred, are you okay?"
He answers by pulling a strand of hair out of my face and tucks it behind my ear.
"Why wouldn't I be?"
"I don't really know..."
He begins to lean in closer to me. I myself not sure what's happening, lean in too.
  "You know I really don't know what I am doing." He says with a laugh.
"Me neither, I answer."
With that he presses his lips on mine inviting me into a kiss. It started out awkward but slowly got more passionate.
  We pull away and look at each other for a brief second and let out small laughs. Then we leaned back in for another kiss. This time a bit more sure of what we're doing.
   "Looks like I found yo-Woah now! Am I interrupting something here?"
  We pull away when we hear George's voice, both our faces going a scarlet shade.
"Now I thought we were playing hide and seek! But I guess we can stop if you'd like to continue that."
"Nah, the moment is gone. Let's go back inside."
   George then walks back up the rock leaving us behind him.
Fred extends an arm out to me.
"Come on, let's go get that leg of yours wrapped up." He says. I grab a hold of his arm and let him take me back to the house.
   That is the most exciting game of hide and seek I will have ever played in my life.