Herbology Class -Fred Weasley

"Oh my dear-- will you just stop?! You're going to get us both in trouble!" I say as I pull the watering can from Fred's hands. He is laughing like I had said a joke. But unfortunately, I had not.
"And stop laughing, you're going to call attention to us!" I hiss at him. His laughs lighten a bit as he bends over trying to catch his breath.
"Honestly, I don't even see why you wanted to stand by me, you're not even paying attention!" I say as I move his pot away from the edge of the table.
"Because you are smart, and I figured you'd be able to help me so that I do not fail the class." He finally says, no longer laughing.
"I see, well me helping you would actually involve paying attention to what I'm doing." I say. He picks up a cup of soil and smells it. "Wow, thats nice dirt." He says while he smiles at it.
Just then Professor Sprout walked by and said,"Not dirt Weasley, soil. There is a difference there." The red haired boy rolled his eyes.
"What's the difference? They're both brown and dirty." He mocks. I pick up a text book and flip through the pages,"Dirt is what you sweep up off your kitchen floor, Soil is what is outside, What stuff grows from." I correct him.
"Now see (y/l/n)! That is why I need your help! You know what you're doing." He grins.
"No Weasley, that was common sense."
"If I hadn't known it then it must have not been common sense."
I close the book and set it on the table once I remember what I was doing. "Yeah? Well it's common sense to anyone who actually pays attention in class."
"Say what you want. I still think you're just tired of me asking you questions."
"Yeah, little bit." Fred looks at me in a fake pout. I roll my eyes and turn away. I focus on the task at hand.
"Ouch, Im hurt," Fred says behind me. I scoff, "Wow, you must be a snowflake. Is my banter really that strong?" I laugh.
    "No. I  was only humoring you. Can't you take a joke?" He said mockingly. I roll my eyes once more," Isn't that all you do is joke? You never take anything seriously."
    "Hey that's not true. I take some things seriously." He said as his playful smirk left his face.
   "Mhm, now what would that be exactly?" I ask him.
    "Well for one, I take my pranks seriously. In fact, they might be the things I take most seriously."
    "Fred that doesn't count." I groan. He winks at me causing me to narrow my eyes at him.
   "Well I can take you serious. If you'd learn to loosen up a bit." He says.
    "Me loosen up? I am loose." He starts to laugh again causing me to sigh deeply.
    "I'm serious! I can be relaxed and fun!" I practically shout at him.  Just as Professor Sprout walked by again.
   "You two, please get to work. I won't ask again." She commands.  I nod in embarrassment.
   "Yes Professor." I say. I turn back to Fred angrily. He is looking just as oblivious as usual.
    "You need to stop! You're getting us both in trouble!" I scold. He just laughs again before I slap my hand over his mouth.
  "I am not in the mood to get detention Weasley!" I hiss. He pokes his tongue out and it meets with my hand causing me to withdraw it back into my personal space.
   "Ack! Did you seriously just lick me?!" I whisper shout angrily.
   "What would the other reasonable explanation to that?"
"I don't need your sarcasm. Just don't— okay? It's disgusting..." I wipe my hand off on my robes and go back to trying to work.
   Fred sighs. I continue to work not wanting to get distracted again nor do I want to get in trouble.
"Well it seems my plan has failed. Guess I better try something else..." I turn to look at Fred wondering what he meant by that.
"Plan? what plan?"

"Oh just the plan where I request to be partners with you instead of my brother so I could try to ask you if you'd like to go out with me. But I see you are not interested so I will just--" I cut him off.
"You wanted to ask me out? Like on a date?" I ask biting my lip due to the nervousness that had just appeared from nowhere like the for that surrounds the forbidden forest.
"No like walking out of the classroom together. Of course on a date!"

"That would be great let me just--" I pause and put down the tools I was holding. "This isn't another one of your pranks now is it Weasley..?"
     "No no! It's an honest question, I swear." He says while putting up his hands in a vulnerable action.
     I tilt my head and smile,"You've got a good approach. I'll give you that. And I've heard a lot of lines, believe me."

"Line?!" He says dramatically, as if to sound offended.

"Yeah, but I usually don't say yes to players." I tell him as I get back to our assignment. From the corner of my eye I can see him sitting there with a baffled look on his face, mouth hanging open at a loss of words.
"Have I rendered you speechless?" I Ask nodding my head to him ever so slightly.
"You think I am a player?" He questioned, making eye contact with me. I puckered my lips as I pondered his question. What do I consider him?
" Well, I did not mean that in any rude terms. I just meant you have a lot of girls chasing after you. So you have quite the selection..." I spill, accidentally sounding a little jealous near the end.
"That may be true, but what if I have picked you?" He asks bringing my attention back to him. "You still going to say no?"

      "Picked me?"

      "Yeah, what if I picked you? Would you say no?" He repeated.

       "Picked me? You act as though I am an object. And I do not appreciate--"

        "--Oh my gosh, (y/l/n) you just have always have something to accuse me of now don't you?" He says rubbing his eyes using his thumb and forefinger. "Look, I was sincerely asking you out because it was an interest of mine. But I can see that you are going out of your way to decline me. So I'll drop it." He spits.
      He finally is quiet and turned back towards his pot where he just shovels bits of soil from one Porto another. Obviously not knowing what he was doing but wanting to look busy.
     I suddenly feel a pang of guilt growing in my stomach as I realize I probably actually hurt his feelings. 
     Not knowing what to do I poke his shoulder and stand there waiting for his response, and not knowing what to do next.
     He tilts his head in my direction and raises his eyebrow, his face stained with disappointment. "What?"

"I would like to go on a date with you". I blurt without thinking.

"Oh so now is this the part where I ask if you're joking?" He asks facetiously.

"No. I am not joking. I would like to take up your offer and go on a date with you." I say, this time more confident in my response.
"Really? Well that is great because I--" he starts but I silence him by holding a single finger to his lips.
"But there are some conditions. Such as, your brother has to stay away from us of course, unless it's a double date. I don't want to third wheel."
I pause and look up at his face to see him grinning excitedly at me. I try to hold in my giggle before continuing on with my rant.
     "And two, no pranks. On me at least. But if you are going to do any on other people I don't want to get in trouble. I just like to observe. And three, no sudden actions okay? I like to play things nice and slow before we--"
      And this time it was his turn to cut me off by placing a small soft kiss on my cheek. He leans back and smiles devilishly.
     "Nice and slow. Got it, slow is my middle name." He smirks.
      I relook around to see everyone is now looking right at us. Even professor Sprout. I feel my cheeks redden as I slowly crouch down and hide underneath the table. What have I gotten myself into..?

     "Hey (y/l/n), you should get up, don't you know the ground is covered in dirt?"

A/n: Blimey it's been forever since I've updated! Sorry guys! But you're in luck, I've hit the rock bottom of loneliness again so that means I'm more likely to actually work on my fics now.

Also what do you think? Part two anyone?? Also I'm so sorry they are so short. I'm gonna try to up my game in my writing. Anyways! Love you guys peace!!💕😆