Cuts - George Weasley

⚠️Warning: Self Harm and Fluff⚠️

Your Pov:
   I have had it. Absolutely had it. All the cruel people that like to bully me have been at it again. Last week they had put a curse on me that covered me head to toe in boils and rashes, yesterday they blamed an incident on me in Snapes class, landing me an F! And just now they had filled my bed with reptiles and snakes!
   Not to mention they earlier embarrassed me in front of my crush?, George Weasley, and made me look like a complete idiot!  I push open the door of my dormitory and run out, I don't care if it's past hours.  I need out of here.
   I grab a small knife on my way out and stuff it in my pocket. I run down hallways and around corners until I trip and fall.
  I crawl over to a corner in the hallway and continue to sob as I pull out the knife. 
  I pull out the knife and begin slashing at my wrists. I can only punish myself for being the unwanted girl I am.  I get for cuts in before I scream into my hands.
  I pull up the blade for another go I slash at my arm but half way down I hear someone speak.
  "Hello? Who's over there?" Crap I am caught. I'm going to be in so much trouble...but what's the point...
   I shove the knife back into my pocket and sit up against the wall.
"(Y/n)? Is that you?" George rounds the corner and starts walking towards me.
   "George?! I- yes it's  me." I manage to choke out.
"What are you doing out here this late?"
"I uh- just n-needed some fresh air." I stutter.
"Oh, okay cool."
"What are you doing out here this late?"
"Oh, haha. Funny you should ask actually! Fred and I were setting up a prank for the morning when I heard you actually, so I came to come see if you were okay and- wait, are you okay?!"
He notices I was crying and wipes a tear off my cheek.
" yeah yeah, I'm fine. No worries!"
"You're crying..."
"Yeah, so? That doesn't mean I am not fine..." I say using my left arm to wipe another tear from my face.
"Wait what the-" he says grabbing my hand and tearing the sleeve up my arm.
"What the bloody hell is this?! Er- no pun intended... but honestly what is this?!"
I try to rip my hand from his grasp but his grip is too strong.
"Stop it- you're hurting me!"
"Not anymore than you've hurt yourself!"
This time I yank harder, winning my arm back. This was the second time today I've been utterly humiliated in front of him. There is no way he would ever like me...
"I said I was fine-"
"But you're obviously not! Look at you! You're in pain! Let me help you!"
"You can't help me..."
"Yeah? Try me."
    I turn my back to him and stare into the darkness.
"You wouldn't understand..." I suddenly say.
"Please just talk to me. I know more than I let on."
"Psh! You!" I scoff," Yeah sure, you're always happy and cheery! You seem to have no cares in the world! Everyone loves you, nobody pick on you or hurts you or calls you weird names...you have it fine..."
   He pulls a lizard off my back and sets it on the floor.
"Was it those girls? Those ones that follow you around."
No answer.
"The girls who think they're better than everyone else.
Still no answer.
"The girls that read your diary in front of everyone in charms today?"
   I flinch at that one. That is what they did. They found my journal and read everything about my fears and dreams, and even my crush on George...
   "It was them, wasn't it? They caused you to do- this-" he motions to my wrists. "To yourself..."
   I shut my eyes tight as more tears stream down my face.
  "Please leave..." I manage to whisper.
"(Y/n)..."
"Please. Leave me alone..."
  I hear him sigh and stand up.  My hands are over my head and my heart beat is going too fast for me to hear if he walks away but I assume he did because he is no longer touching me.
   I start to bawl harder.  Tears drip onto my cuts causing them to sting slightly more.
  Why did I tell him to leave? He obviously wanted to help...but he knows I like him! I couldn't keep him around...
  "(Y/n)..." I look up to see he's still standing there.  I don't even bother wiping at my streaming tears anymore.
   "I just wanted to tell you that, well I- heck I suck at speaking right now...here I'll just-". He stop as he leans in and presses his soft lips to mine in a passionate kiss.
    We are both on the floor, him crouched in front of me with my back to the wall. 
  Our lips move in a perfected rhythm as his arm slid up my waist to my shoulders to my neck.
   I place my good arm on his cheek hoping to bring him closer to be to deepen the kiss.
  After a while we both pull away and gasp for breath.  Then he lets out a short breath that sounds like a laugh.
   "-I love you too." He says.
  I gape at him wondering what he had meant.
  "They read your diary in front of everyone...in it you said you liked me... well guess what! I'm in love with you too (y/n)!"
   I gather enough thought to finally speak some real words.
"Y-you l-love me?" I ask shocked.
"Do I need to kiss you again to prove my point?" He smiles.
"Maybe-". I don't even finish my statement before he pulls me in for another deep kiss.
  This time he places his hands at my waist so he can pull me closer to him.
  We break apart again and this time I am the first to speak.
"why me?"
"What?"
"Why did you pick me? You know, to fall for."
   He lets out a chuckle and cups pulls me in closer.
"Lemme tell you, you can't control who you fall for. But can I just say, I'm glad it was you."
   I tilt my head up brushing my lips against his slightly.  Sending a chill up my body.
  "I don't understand..."
"What isn't there to understand? I love you. And I want you to stop doing this to yourself."
I feel his breath on my lips as he whispers.
"I can't just stop-"
"Yes you can. Just give me the knife."
"It's easier said than done! Plus how do you know I won't just find another knife?!"
He sighs and pulls away from me looking into my eyes. Obviously getting a little irritated.
   "Because you wouldn't do that if I asked you to stop, for me."
   I feel my whole face light up with red color. I had no idea that this side of George existed... I always thought he didn't care about girls or...me...
   But now he's asking me to stop cutting...and he said he loves me. What is happening, I don't know anymore.
"Will you please stop, for me?" He asks.
"I will try-"
"No there's no try. There is only yes or no to my question."
My legs start to shake as he pushes me up against a wall.
"I-I don't think I w-will be able to..." I stutter.
"Then I don't think I'll be able to ask you out then...this was a waste of time..." he steps away from me, turning to leave.
He starts to walk away this time for real and I don't know what to do was he really going to ask me out?!
"George!" I hold my hand up as he turns around to me.
"I really will try- to stop. But you have to be patient with me. It's hard for me to stop doing things I've done for years."
He smiles and walks back to me. Once again he pins himself on top of me.
"Okay. And I'll be here to help you, my lovely girlfriend."
"Girlfriend?"
"Well yeah, wouldn't you like to be my girlfriend? I mean I like you- and you like me, and we just kissed a few-"
"No no, it's what I want."
"Oh, okay". I hear the relief in his voice as he relaxes.  He leans down again and kisses me once more. 
   But this time more rough, he holds me to the wall as I try to hold him to me.  I place my hand on to of his, placed on the wall behind me.
   He pulls away.
"You have to tell me if any of those girls do anything to you ever again. Alright?"
"Why what are you gonna do?"
"Lets just say they're going to wish they'd never had messed with either of us...". He smiles which causes me to smile.
   I can honestly say that I have the best boyfriend in this school.