Weekend Antics ✨ {Edited}

"CAN YOU STAND THE RAIN!" I hear a voice screaming from the hallway.

I look up from my notebook and listen in for the source of it. After a minute I go back to my physics textbook. Mr. Carter told us that we will have a test next week and I'm already sweating at the thought.

"SUNNY DAYS EVERYBODY LOVES THEM TELL ME BABY CAN YOU STAND THE RAIN CAN YOU STAND ITTTTT OHHH OHHH"

I slam my book closed as David shouts from the bathroom. Honestly, what does he think this is a concert? Our house ain't even that big for him to be hollering like that!

"CUZ I WANT YA AND I NEED YA AND I LOVEEEEE YOU GIRL!" He shouts and I groan. That's it!

I shove my book to the side and leap off my bed and head for his room. I throw his door open and bang furiously on his bathroom door.

"WHAT?" He calls out and I tell him to shut up.

"But Johnny bout to come in with the whoa whoaassss" He tries to sing and I cringe.

"Then let Johnny sing and you shut up I need to sing!" I demand and he calls me a hater.

"Whatever just shut up!" I say and I leave his room.

I get back on my bed and as I'm about to get the answer to this stupid problem I hear someone scream at the top of their lungs.

"IIIF IIIIIIIIIII COOULDD STAY!" I lift my head from my book again and wonder why the hell David thinks he is Whitney Houston?

"I WOULD ONLY BE IN YOUR WAAAYYY. SO I'LLL GOOOOOOO. BUT I KNOW"

"SHUT UUUPPPP!" I scream. As I write down the answer to the question David burst into my room with only a towel and my spray bottle.

"AANDDDD IIIII WILL ALWAYS LOVEEEEE YOOOUU!" He tries to sing to me.

He adds the little runs at the end of the words and I stare at him mortified. When he puts both hands on my spray bottle I immediately look to the side as his towel falls to the ground.

He stops almost instantly and I point to the door while my other hand covers my eyes. "Get out!" I demand as calmly as I possibly can.

David grabs his towel and wraps it around his waist then turns to leave my room. Before he leaves he turns around with a smile, "I can sing right?" He asks and I shout for him to get out.

He leaves and I let out a breath of frustration, "Kill the visual Jesus I can't" I pray. Thanks to David I no longer have the concentration to study. I can still hear his voice miss all those notes.

I close my book and lean back on my bed and close my eyes. As I lay in silence I hear my phone begin to buzz and when I pick it up it's Iris. Thankful for the distraction, I answer it, "What's up?" I ask and she asks what I'm up to.

"Well I tried to learn physic but David and his stupid antics just made that impossible," I tell her and she laughs.

"Who is he today? Whitney or Johnny?" I answer both and she sympathizes with my pain. She offers that I come over to her house all they ever do over there is study. 

"No offense babe but your house is way too studious for me" I joke and she tells me it's okay.

"So what's up?" I ask as I sit up.

"I'm nervous" She confesses and I ask her why.

"My early acceptance notice is due any day now" She reveals.

"Come on Iris you are the smartest person around. They would be dumb not to accept you" I reassure her and she sighs. 

"I hope you're right or my acceptance party will just turn into a regular one and who wants that?" She comments and I tell her that it will all work out in time.