Ms. Honey Blonde ✨

WE'VE REACHED OVER 5K READS!!! AYEEE!!! This is just confirmation that my story is valid because we haven't even reached 30 chapters yet! Thanks to all my readers, this might not seem like a big victory to ya'll but for me this is everything!

"Today is the day!" Jade sings to us as the late bell rings. She adds a little run at the end and Queen and I both roll our eyes. Show off.

"The day for what?" Queen asks and Jade gasps. With a hand over her heart, she pretends to tear up as if what Queen said was the most out of pocket thing anyone could ever say.

"Queen Elizabeth Taylor" She cries and Queen purses her lips.

"Jade Desiree Blackwell," She says back and Jade wipes a 'tear'.

"How could you?" She says dramatically and Queen looks to me confused.

I huff, "It's the dreamgirls audition sis" I remind her and she makes an o shape with her mouth.

I swing my arm over Jade's shoulder and place a hand on her other shoulder, "Sis has been going on and on about it for months" I say and Queen then makes the ah sound.

"That's today, every tone-deaf bitch is going to be there you know" Queen mentions and I smile.

"So that means you're coming?" I joke and Jade makes a pfft sound and slaps a hand over her mouth.

"Damn," Jade says and Queen's jaw drops.

"Kendra!" She cries and I just laugh.

"Oh, you poor sensitive soul," I say while nudging Queen's shoulder.

"Don't touch me!" She says while folding her arms and I blow her a kiss. We make our way to our lockers to throw our stuff in there. No reason to carry it we have soccer practice right after.

As Jade closes her locker she turns to me, "You know the song we're doing right?" She questions and I tell her I Love You I Do.

She groans, "No sis we're doing Listen" She corrects and I roll my face up.

"Alright" I respond and she rolls her eyes.

We make our way down to the auditorium where we see everyone packed in like sardines. "It doesn't make sense why you're auditioning with Listen when you're not even going out for the role of Deena" Queen mentions to Jade and in my head it makes sense.

She's going for the role of Effie, so she should sing an Effie song. "Look I know what I'm doing" Jade snaps back and Queen just huffs.

"She knows what she's doing" She mocks Jade to me and I laugh.

"Come on let's take our seats," Jade tells us and we make our way to the front of the auditorium. We take a seat in the second row and watch as girls and guys audition for their roles.

After hearing a dreadful rendition of Steppin' To The Bad Side I sit back in my seat and let out a breath, "God, that was rough" I mention and both Jade and Queen agree.

"I think I can still hear that horrible run in my ear" Jade complains while rubbing both her ears. Mrs. Jefferson and Ms. Langston clap slowly and a look of shock is written across their faces.

"Thank you boys," Ms. Langston says after a good minute.

Mr. Jefferson clears his throat, "Yes that was an um very special audition I can tell you practiced" He continues on and the three boys on stage have the nerve to smile like it really is a compliment.

"Thank you for coming, next!" Ms. Langston calls out and the three boys exit the stage. Next up a brown skin girl with long honey blonde hair takes the stage. She looks out into the audience and her eyes go to me. She laughs softly and turns her head.