School

I walked into the classroom, borderline on being late. I can't get another tardy, not after what happened last night. It seems perhaps a lot of my choices will have to change. I slowly sat in my seat, wincing as quietly as I could. This weekend was more than rough to me, and my body is less than happy to say the least. Other students looked at me, and simply stared. I don't understand why they stare.

All it is, is that my hair is dyed, I have some piercings, and only a few visible tattoos. That shouldn't change their viewpoint on me. But, in this case it certainly has. No one wants a nice friend who looks like me, and no one wants me to look as I do and be nice. That's not how the world works. Everyone has painted into their minds that I'm a terrible person. I've heard more than enough rumors about myself that hold no truth.

I'm here because I killed my father. I'm here because my last boyfriend died, and I'm the source of that. I'm here because the prison only lets me out to get a somewhat decent education. The last school I was at, I raped two girls and flunked out. It is true, I did flunk out. But not for the reasons that anyone thinks I did. I turned my attention to the teacher, who started teaching. I dare not participate, I dare not raise my hand. Not with the rumor of my flunking, because if I try to answer one question, and I get it wrong...

More rumors. There's always more rumors. I rolled my eyes as a new boy came in, because here we go again. Every time a new student comes into this school the preconception of who I am reaches their ears before the lunch menu does. I saw him stare at me with worried eyes, so I put my head down. Don't look at me like that. The teacher smiled proudly, as she stood the new student in front of the class.

"I would like everyone here to meet Stan Thomson. Stan here is joining us from America, his family has been relocated. Now Stan, we sit alphabetically by last name, so you can go and sit next to Mr. Tomlinson right there." She pointed out possibly the worst person in this high school. Louis was so perfect. Louis had a perfect mum which he lived perfectly with his little sisters, in a perfect house. Louis is so perfect he's never had to be relocated because of finances. Louis is so perfect he never goes hungry at night. Louis is so perfect for getting good grades all the time.

Louis' life is so perfect that he doesn't get beaten by his step father every day.

That's the difference between us.