Love

Love is what drew Louis to Harry the first time that they interacted proper. When Louis asked if Harry was alright, and insisted his mother check him to ensure he was alright. Love was what kept the two together while Harry lied about what was going on and Louis nodded along to the falsities. Love is what kept them together still throughout the trials and tribulations of a broken hand, a broken arm, and a broken heart. Love is what kept them together throughout the hearing. Love is what pulled them together like the North and South Poles of magnets when the trial was won. It pulled them together in the same way when Harry was diagnosed with AIDS.

And love was all that Harry's eyes and heart were full of as he stared up at Louis with big doe eyes. Louis didn't question it, he simply stroked Harry's hair, being ever so gentle to work out every knot that he came to, and allowed his boyfriend to stare on. Louis needed to learn how to care for someone else before he could finally become less dependent on his family's help, and Harry was just the right person to care for. Harry needed someone steady to depend on, and Louis was the rock he craved. As an compass is to a ship and as a rose is to a dagger, the two couldn't fit more perfectly together.

"Hey Harry?" Louis asked, breaking the gentle silence that had surrounded them for quite some time.

"Yes?" Harry responded, wrapping his arms around Louis' waist.

"I had a thought to something we could do." Louis said, placing an arm on Harry's back.

"Out with it then, what is it?" Harry replied, continuing to stare into Louis' eyes.

"Wanna go to the library downtown? I mean... I know it's not much, but you said you had dreams about school and we could find the right books... it's got every book you could ever think of. We could go read together, then go get some food. Maybe even make it sort of a date night if you wanted?" Louis proposed, sneaky as ever.

He had a plan. He always had a plan. He wanted to see what books Harry liked, what books he checked out, and to start building a library for him. It was the perfect plan.

"I actually am not a huge fan of reading. I um... I think I might be dyslexic? So that makes it kinda hard. Nice thought though... did you have another?" Oh shoot. Louis was caught off guard, but didn't want to let his Harry down, so he nodded and smiled at him.

"Of course I have another plan! You erm... oh! You like cats, yes?" Louis sputtered out, feeling rather silly as Oregano sauntered into the room.

"Mum said I'm not allowed to get anymore..." Harry trailed off, a little guilty. Sure it wasn't a bad thing that Harry had adopted five cats, but it wasn't exactly his technical house, and the owners of the house were not looking to adopt five more cats.

"Ah... right. And if we go somewhere then you'll end up taking one home." Harry blushed and nodded a little shamefully. "That's fine. I have a million backup plans." Louis lied, returning to stroking Harry's hair. "Massages?" He asked, before shooting down his own idea. Of course Harry wouldn't want to go have a stranger touch him after all of what happened.

Louis tried idea after idea, with no luck at all finding one that caught on for the both of them, before busting up into laughter. "Bear with me." He forewarned, before twisting one of Harry's curls in his fingers. "Popsicle races. Whoever finishes their popsicle first is the blowjob King and therefore gets one." Louis proudly announced. Harry stared at him for a second before bursting into giggles.

"Wh-what if the person- what if who wins- what if they spit?!" Harry managed to choke out before laughing so hard he could not breathe. This fit of hilarity brought one on for Louis as well, and he laughed as hard as he had in a long time. After ten minutes of laughing and tears falling, Harry patted Louis on the hip. "Stop with your suggestions, I have an idea. Get your shoes on and meet me in your car. I'll give you directions but you have to drive." Louis shrugged and hopped up, letting Harry fall to the couch with a thump. "Hey! I'm still sick you know!" Harry giggled out, before grabbing his medication to pump on the way.