Stop

Harry wrapped his jacket tighter around him. It was a cold walk to school, especially in January. Only a couple more months until school is over, it's so close, and with this new job, Harry can finally have his dream life. No more getting hit. No more getting raped. No more having hands put on him in a harmful way, every waking moment of his life. He can finally protect his mum permanently, take her away to a new place. He can keep working for Mrs. Tomlinson, and make a good living. It's only been a couple of weeks, but it's been a wonderful couple of weeks. Harry's been putting all his money under his mattress, until he's able to open a savings account. He always just kept his money privately, so Derek couldn't steal it, but so that he could still have it.

Thankfully, he should be meeting with a bank representative sometime soon. Harry shivered, and brushed the snow out of his hair. Still so cold, darn London weather. A car honking brought Harry out of his miserable coldness, and what should it be, but Harry's friend Louis. Harry smiled and waved, and took a step back when the car pulled over next to him. "It's freezing outside! Come on, hop in!" Harry's smile widened further, even though it hurt to, and he gladly accepted Louis' offer.

"Here! The lady at Starbucks messed up my first hot cocoa, she let me keep it though. Now I know the reason why! You must be freezing- I know it's kinda big but uh- Venti hot chocolate, can't miss with that, can I?" Harry looked over at Louis' outstretched arm, with a humungous cup clutched in it. Harry's hand tentatively reached out to the cup, and took it from Louis. "You must be freezing love. And in pain! What happened to your lip?" Harry took a sip of cocoa, and kept sipping, successfully keeping Louis at bay for a couple moments.

Setting the cup down, Harry shrugged as casually as possible. "I used glass in the oven, which is fine unless you're me I guess, and it kinda sorta exploded in my face." He lied semi-smoothly, picking the cup back up, and taking a sip. The car's brakes slid to a sudden halt, and Louis held his hand in front of Harry's chest.

"Sweetheart- you- that's it, mum is taking a look at you tonight. I know you don't like the doctors but babe-" Louis stopped and bit his lip. He put his foot on the gas, and gently coerced the car into drive, getting it back out onto the road. Harry looked over at Louis, and smiled shyly. Sure he had a crush on him, but Louis couldn't possibly like the boy back, right?

"Babe?" Harry asked, a playful smile dancing on his delicate lips.

"I just mean... you're really pretty and sweet... I like you kinda... like in a romantic sort of way. And I don't know if you're gay! I've been trying to be gay with you this whole time!" Louis sputtered out, cheeks turning bright red the entire time he spoke. Harry's eyes lit up brighter than they had ever been since Derek moved into his life. The moment in time seemed to freeze and encapsulate the two young boys, as Louis attempted to drive to school still, and Harry attempted to process his words. "D-d'ya feel the same at all?" Louis asked, chewing on his bottom lip nervously. Harry continued staring forward in shock, nodding nearly unconsciously. Of course he liked Louis, he had liked Louis for a very long time. This all seemed off though, something seemed not right about the situation to Harry. He had only felt truly loved by family members before, so maybe that's all it was.

"When you've been all friendly with me, is that... flirting?" Harry asked, sitting in front of the school now. Louis nodded, nearly in a daze. Laughing, Harry took his hand and kissed it gently. "Aw! I thought you just wanted to be friends!" He laughed, completely unsure of what he was doing. They'd not known each other long enough for that not to be weird. But to Harry's surprise, Louis turned his hand over and kissed Harry's hand back. Still caught in the moment, Louis turned the car off, and allowed them to sit. "You really like me?" Harry asked, insecure about himself, and a little shy still. Louis nodded, and reached towards Harry, the hand being much smaller than other hands that had reached out to Harry before.

Louis is so delicate, so gentle, Harry doesn't see how he looked past the shell and the walls that he works so hard to put up. Louis' hand brushed through Harry's cocoa curls, and Harry felt a little bit of his wall come down. It terrified Harry, due to all the secrets he hid from everyone, but the touch felt so good, he couldn't help but lean into it. His eyes locked with Louis', and they simply watched each other. They watched each other through the warning bell, and through the final bell. "Hey, we're already in trouble, want to play hooky?" That seemed to register in Harry's mind. Trouble. Trouble. Derek is going to punish him. Harry shook his head, and looked towards the school, breaking the trance.

"I'm going to be in such trouble Lou... look, I really would love to skip school with you, believe me, I want it more than anything I can tell you, but..." Harry gulped back tears at the thought of the pain that would certainly find him later. "But things work differently at my house than they do yours. I'm sorry, I have to-" Harry gently kissed Louis' hand, before removing it off the side of his head. Harry rushed into the school, leaving a happy, yet sad, yet confused Louis behind.