Look What You Made Me Do

Harry had fallen asleep on Anne's shoulder right as she told the secret that could make or break their lives. The only sounds in the room were Harry sucking on his thumb, and Louis panting heavily. "Well. That is a lot of information. How long has this been going on?" Jay asked, keeping her calm in the heat of the storm. She was a trained medical professional, of course she knew how to deal with victims of abuse and rape, she just never expected one of them to be her own son's soulmate.

"So long. It's gone on for a very long time, I'm sorry to say... he just, he threatened to kill my Harry if either of us ever told, and we weren't sure how to prove that it was happening- I just wish I had said something sooner. All I want to do is take care of my son, and I failed. I couldn't protect him." Anne said, tears streaming down her face. She cradled her son closer to her, and looked at his hand. "It's broken, it's really broken, isn't it?" She asked, to which Jay sadly had to confirm.

"Abuse is not your fault. You didn't do anything, and yes, maybe you should've said something, but you were in a rough position. And I really hate to do it, but we're gonna have to wake Harry up. I need to takes some X-Rays, set the bones, and get him casted up. Then he can sleep. Wait- have you guys eaten yet? We can cast then have some food. Fans of homemade more or eating out?" Jay rambled, while Louis just stood there in shock.

He was right. They weren't just spankings, and he should've been able to save Harry from this mess a lot sooner. He knew there was something more going on. Harry was right, he didn't want to know. The sweet boy that was asleep in front of him was being beaten constantly, and Louis could've saved him. "Hey Hazza... hey buddy, hi... we need to fix up that arm of yours, now don't we?" Anne asked, after she gently awoke Harry. He awkwardly removed his thumb, and scanned the room in front of him.

"Why is everyone looking at me like I'm a porcelain doll...? I just fell off my bike, no big deal..." he muttered, trying to keep up with the lie that Derek had him tell. Jay knelt down to his level, and took his hands, very gently of course.

"Your mum told us about what's going on. And I need you to not be mad with her, or with any of us, no one in this room is at fault. But I need you to start talking, and start talking now. We're going to get you x-rayed, but I care about you way too much to let another lie slip through the cracks again." She gently scolded, trying to lead Harry with her to the x-ray room. The boy stopped in his tracks, and just sort of froze. He didn't know what to think. He didn't know what to say, everyone knew his precious secret, and it was fully out in the open. Everyone he really cared about knew his secret, and he didn't know if he could deal with that. He looked over to Louis, who was still frozen, and Louis made eye contact with Harry.

Silence filled the room, and you certainly wouldn't need a knife to cut the tension. You'd need a spoon, at most, and it could even be plastic. Louis slowly walked over to his boyfriend, who was feeling smaller and more vulnerable than ever. He took his good hand, and placed his other on the shoulder of the injured arm. "I promised you that once I found out your secret, that I would not leave you. I still love you, I still promise to stand by your side. None of this is your fault my love. Now I know, and I vow to protect you as best I know how, and part of that means never letting Derek lay another hand on you for as long as he lives. I love you Harry, and I am so sorry I couldn't rescue you before." Harry listened intently to every word, before nodding gently, and tugging him towards the room he had to go into.

He sat in Louis' lap, alleviating the pain, and allowing the X-Rays to be taken. He was carried back into the main room, and sat back in Louis' lap to get casted. He had to remove his shirt, but this time it didn't even matter whether Louis saw him shirtless or not. Now everything would have to be drug to court, and those videos, those wretched videos would be viewed by at least 40 people. He had to have his arm put into a sling, and for one time in a long time he was allowed to make his own choice about his own body. "I want my cast to be dark blue..." he muttered, nuzzling up closer to Louis. Johanna turned to her cabinets, and pulled out blue casting material, fixing Harry's arm up in a heartbeat.