The Accountant

Friday night

Makayla's pov

Chris let the lid of the toilet down, taking a seat. He smiled, pulling me into his lap. He kissed me cheek, trailing kisses down to my breast. I smiled as he finally put his lips on mine. He cut the kiss short looking over at the sink.

"Is it time?" He asked. I stood up, walking over to the the sink. He was right behind me. I lifted the white stick off my the counter. Relief filled my body when I saw the one blue line.

"Damn." Chris mumbled in disappointment. I turned around, pouting.

"It's fine babe. We can keep trying." I reassured him. He nodded, but I knew he was sad. I wrapped my arms around his neck, smiling up at him. "We can try right here."

He smiled then. Before a knew it, I was sitting on the bathroom counter with my dress hiked up. I smiled and pulled down his basketball shorts.

Micah's pov

Lord knows I'm blessed, but sometimes I feel cursed. Yes. It's a Kodak Black quote. I'm a successful black man who loves rap music.

"What should I wear to the wedding babe?" Reagan asked. She was shuffling through clothes in the closet.

"Something red, blue, or nude." I shrugged looking at a message from Dominic.

The Accountant- Vacation?

Me- Where?

Reagan placed 7 dresses across the bed.

"Who are you texting?" She asked.

"Dominic." I answered looking at the dresses. "You might as well put that nude dress back up. I already told you you're not leaving the house wearing that."

She rolled her eyes, taking it back into the closet.

"I think I'll go with red." She said. I nodded.

"Yeah. That's your color."

She smiled at me for a while before replying. "I love you."

"I love you more."

Lucas' pov

We finally got to our hotel, and I was so damn sleepy my eyes were barely open.

"I'll chill here. I know you want to go see McKenna, tell Dominic I'll see him when I wake up." I said to Courtney. She nodded, leaving the room.

That's all I had really gotten out of her today. She's mad at me, but she immaturely chooses the silent treatment to show it.

I've been spending a lot of time in the studio lately, and maybe I should be with her more, but the studio and the stage are where I make my money.

McKenna's pov

I blew out a breath of frustration, starring at the blank page. My publishing date was pretty well off, but I wanted to at least be started with my book by now.

But no.

The doorbell rang, and I got up to open it. I looked through the peep hole.

"Best friend!" I smiled opening the door. She immediately jumped into my arms. I fell, and so did she. We laughed, getting off of the floor.

"Bitch I missed you so much." She said.

I hadn't seen her in 3 years. She rarely came back to Atlanta.

"I don't know why Lucas hasn't moved y'all here yet. He must need me to beat him up." I said.

"Speaking of him," she rolled her eye. "Do you have some cake, brownies, anything my trainer would yell at me for eating?"

I laughed, "The best I can do for you is Strawberry Cheesecake flavored yogurt." I told her. She stale faced me, following me into the kitchen.

"Whyyy? I know Dominic ain't going for this." She said. Then, I rolled my eyes.

"Girl he barely here long enough to eat anything. I don't even know if he does eat." I told her.

"Exactly like Lucas." She said.

"For real?"

"Yes, and I think he's cheating. I can feel it. He's never around, and when he is, we don't have sex, and when we got married this dude was obsessed with sex. Hell, he married me because I wouldn't have sex with him." She rambled.

"We ain't matching honey, I get my sex, almost every night." I laughed. She scrunched up her face.

"You just addicted. He won't give you time enough to have breakfast, but you giving up the goods every night." Courtney shook her head.

"I think I am addicted."

"Where is Dominic anyways?" She asked. Just when I was about to say something so sarcastic, I heard the door open, foot steps, and then Dominic appeared in the kitchen. Micah walked behind him typing away on his phone. He was completely unaware of our presence.

"Court!" Dominic smiled, placing his stuff down on the counter. He pulled her into a hug.

"Hey Dominic. It's late. You just now getting off?" Courtney asked.

"Yeah. Thanks to Micah. I would have been home early today, but noooo. I have to spend hours-"

"Okay bro. I have said thanks for your financial genius three times already. You're really rude." Micah said, looking up at us finally.

"Hey Micah." Courtney hugged him.

"Where's Lucas?" He asked.

"In our hotel room, sleeping. At least that's where he says he is."

Micah laughed, "You sound too much like Reagan."

"Because our husbands act too much alike." Cortney shrugged. Micah looked at me.

"Please keep Reagan and Courtney away from each other at this wedding tomorrow." He told me.

I laughed, "Speaking of, when's the last time you even spoke to Drew?" Courtney asked me.

"I haven't seen him in three years since Cody started school. Cody and Drew's daughter, Malaysia, used to go to the same daycare." I said.

"Are y'all cool, or is it going to be awkward?" Micah asked.

"Obviously we not cool. He didn't invite me to his wedding." I shrugged.

"Wait, you didn't invite him to ours either." Dominic pointed out.

"Would you have wanted him there?" I asked

"Do you think Moni would want you at her wedding knowing your past with Drew?" Micah asked.

Moni was the girl Drew was marrying.

I shrugged, "We'll see tomorrow."