Rumors

Lucas' pov

"Play that one back." I said to my producer, Devyn, as I sat in the chair beside him. He nodded, pressing play. My music filled the room. I nodded my head, proud of my work. I was actually satisfied for the day.

"You killed that one bro." Devyn said.

"I know man. I think that's it for the day." I said.

"Nah man Erika Reign is supposed to be stopping by here for a feature."

I looked at the Rolex on my wrist... so many diamonds I could find a clock.

"What time is it?" I mumbled.

"Around midnight." He answered with a shrug. For him it was early, but I know that wasn't the case with Courtney. I might've had to explain myself to her if she was actually talking to me.

"My wife never gone talk to me." I mumbled, searching my pockets for my phone. I pulled it out to see she hadn't texted me. I sighed.

Her silent treatment extended to texts too. I miss her so much I'm losing myself. How can I really say I miss my wife when I see her everyday? She won't talk to me, won't let me hold her.... she's shut me out completely.

"What's up!" Erika cheered walking into the studio. She greeted me and Devyn with a hug.

I didn't know how she looked until then, but I was shocked. She was actually beautiful. I had heard so much dirt about her through the industry that I had built a kind of raggedy picture of her in my mind.

She was an up coming singer, but I heard her name more on sex scandals than actual songs

She was an up coming singer, but I heard her name more on sex scandals than actual songs. I won't lie, she is actually a great singer, but she only had a small fan base which mostly came from Instagram. I respect that though, since that's how I started in Atlanta. I didn't really gain recognition until I moved to California.

"How long have you been in California?" Devyn asked as she took a seat in between us.

"I left Texas about 3 months ago after dabbling in country music and deciding that r&b was the one for me." She said.

"Yeah. I hear the soul in your voice." I nodded. "From what I heard, you can blow."

"What?" She snapped at me. I scrunched my face in confusion at her sudden hostility.

"Blow as in sing. You have good pipes." Devyn said to her. She laughed awkwardly, relaxing.

"Sorry about that. I've been going through a tough ass time since I got to Atlanta. People say a lot about me. It ruined my relationship and everything. I'm just a little defensive." She apologized. I nodded, accepting her apology.

"I like to take my feelings out on the mic." I told her.

"I'll try it." She smiled slightly. I returned her smile politely.