Aint Shit Club

Micah's POV

I rubbed my hand down my face. I flipped the paper over and back to the front making sure I wasn't illiterate as I used to be.

I never wanted to be like my father. I resented him as a teenager for being the cheater he was. I never wanted to put Reagan through the things he put our mom through. She gave birth to the twins, but she raised me, and now she's raising Milo. I loved her like she birthed me too.

I didn't know how Rae will react to this news, but I needed her to hear it from me.

"Yooo."

I looked up at my client and slid the papers into my briefcase to be dealt with later.

"Mr. Tupit you will not address me as a peer. Now, have a seat." I corrected him. He just laughed and made himself comfortable.

"You really bipolar bro you need to get that shit looked at." He pointed towards his head. I laughed shaking my head.

"Damn, I gotta be professional if yo ass don't want to be in somebody jail." I said.

—-

"How was work babe?" Reagan asked. I placed my stuff down, and gave her a kiss thinking about how I wanted to answer that question.

"I think you need to have a seat."

She looked a me before slowly taking a seat on the end of the bed. I could see she was worried. I didn't know how to tell her what I learned earlier I didn't know how she was about to react.

"What's up babe?"

"Lisa sent me some paperwork through her lawyer today."

"What does the crazy slut want now." She rolled her eyes.

"A prenatal paternity test."

Reagan was silent. She starred at me in disbelief. I never saw her lost for words until then.

"I chose you. I had a man ready to give me the world... ready to love every physical and emotional scar I had, AND  I chose you." She shook her head. I could see her eyes watering.

"Baby Im sorry. Your choice wasn't a mistake. I love you more than anything in the world."

"Now what? I'm supposed to raise my child with an outside sibling?" She asked.

"What child?" I was confused. I hadn't even gotten to telling her the hardest part of the news. She refused to answer my question, so I continued.

"If the child ioutside, Ra, she has requested I take custody. If I don't the pregnancy will be terminated." her jaw dropped, and tears fell from her eyes. Seeing her crying over me broke me. I went to grab her, to hold her while she cried.

"No!" She screamed pushing me away from her. "No!"

"What do you want me to do baby. I'll make this right I promise I'll make everything right."

"You promised to be faithful to me and to never stray from our marriage, and you broke that, so fuck your promises."

"I know I fucked up. I'm sorry. Just let me hold you. Let me make this alright."

"I don't want you to touch me! Get out of my house!"

I sighed. I think I lost my wife. I didn't argue with her. I knew she needed some time to think so I got some things and headed to Dominic and MK's.

Reagan's POV

I can't raise another woman's baby.

I can't be responsible for that woman's abortion.

I can't parent the child I bare with a man I never should've married.

Man they say you reap what you sow, and I should have never put Ciara and Trevor through the storm in college. I wish I would've died with one of the scars on my wrist.

I wish I could go back and erase the choices I made. Marry the right guy.

Micah's POV

I opened the door to Dominic's house with my spare key, inviting myself in. I locked it back. I didn't want to wake them. They'd just have to find me on their couch in the morning. I turned the living room light on and saw Dominic knocked out on the couch. I rose my eyebrows and turned the light back off, making my way upstairs.

These niggas real lucky it's just me.

I knocked on the door to their room before opening it slightly. McKenna sat on the bed with her eyes blood shot, her knees were pressed to her face.

"You tripped out or something?" I asked. She shook her head.

"He's going to leave me. I fucked up my marriage over writers block."

"I fucked up my marriage over wack ass pussy so welcome to the ain't shit club."

"I am shit."

I laughed sitting at the end of her bed. She realized what she just said and a small laugh escaped her too.

"You can talk to me." I told her. She sighed and everything began pouring out.

I listened to every word, letting her problems distract me from mine.