Left Eye

A week later

Courtney's POV

I opened my eyes once again to an empty bed. I sighed walking into the bathroom to begin my morning routine.

An hour later I was good and ready to do some laundry. I grabbed the hamper making my way to the laundry room when a piece paper sticking out of my husband's jeans caught my attention.

It had some girl named Ericka's number on it. I froze starring at the paper trying to process my thoughts I couldn't find a reason he'd have the number tucked into his jeans. People type numbers into phones nowadays. There was only one explanation.

This bitch put this paper here for me to see, so who is she?

I need to stop lacking and get my man back into me because these females are trifling. I walked into my closet and got dressed. I did my hair and makeup. I looked in the mirror loving my final look. He gone fuck me on the mixing table when he sees me.

The whole ride to the studio I was nervous like I was just meeting him. I love my husband, and I need to make things right with him because what I lack he'll damn sure find somewhere else.

I had never surprised him in the studio, so I knew he'd be shocked.

I pulled up and pushed my nerves to the side as I strode into the building.

"Court Wassup sis! Long time no see." Devyn greeted me extra enthusiastically at the door.

"Hey Devyn."

"You look fine as fuck. When you gon say goodbye to Luc and get with a real one?" He joked. I rolled my eyes.

"I got a real one Dev."

He laughed and stood there for a while. He blocked me from the door of the studio. I looked at him confused as to why he was still in my face. Hesitantly, he moved. I pushed my hair behind my ear and slowly turned the knob.

I froze at the sight in front of me. Tears trailed down my face before I could fathom any other emotions.

"Oh shit." Lucas gasped hoping up. He pulled his pants up. The girl pulled her skirt down. There was no need. I'd already seen everything she had.

I just stood there. My mind rambled. I dropped out of college sophomore year. I have no job, no source of income. I can't even afford a plane ticket home right now. My breathing got heavy.

I can't pay for a plane ticket home.

"Courtney look at me please. Say anything." Lucas begged. I took a seat. I refuse to stay in this marriage.

I can't even afford to go fucking home.

"Sorry for interrupting. I'll be home when you're done." I mumbled.

I drove to the house we once called "home" and packed my bags. I packed Amir's bags too and put everything in the G Wagon: the only thing I had to my name. I walked back into the house and paused.

Maybe I should have left peacefully. A piece of me wanted to, but more of me was enraged, so...

What happened next I struggle with remembering.

Lucas' Pov

"Nigga what the fuck!" I yelled at Devyn.

"Don't come at me. I yelled 'Courtney Wassup' loud as shit in front of that door. I blocked her from coming in to give you time and all. Nigga what were you doing?"

"Damn." I rubbed my hands down my face. "I can't go home. I can't look her in her face and tell her a lie. I don't know what to do."

"Give her some time. She needs to know how she feels."

I nodded turning to the mixing table. Devyn played around with a beat and I hopped in the booth laying my heart out to Courtney. It had to be the best song I ever wrote.

"We got a hit." I smiled. I frowned when I realized what led up to the song.

"Drop it now?"

I nodded. My phone rung in my pocket and I pulled it out. The number was unknown, but I answered.

"Hi. Lucas. This is Gregory from your security company calling to alert you that your fire alarm has been engaged for over 10 minutes. We have alerted the proper authorities. Are you home?"

"No, I'm not home, but I'm on my way."

——

I stood in my driveway in shock. Firemen rounded up their things and the truck left.

"Are you aware of what caused the fire?" I asked the police officer.

"Fire chief says the fire was arson. Someone poured lighter fluid down the staircase and around the master bedroom before dropping a match. Do you have any idea who would do this?"

"No sir."