Beautiful Stranger

Dominic's POV

I opened my eyes to the living room ceiling. I glanced to my side to see the tv where I'd usually see me wife. I sighed getting up to stretch.

I could have slept in the guest room.

I made the journey to our bedroom to be stopped in my tracks at the sight of a man in my bed. His head laid at the foot of the bed, but nonetheless he laid in my bed.

I crept over surprised to see that it was Micah. I rolled my eyes. He always runs to her side even when she's wrong. I can do no right when it comes to his sister.

I took my outfit from the closet and walked into the bathroom. I was ready and out the door without waking either of them.

McKenna's POV

Later that morning

Martin reruns played on the tv as Micah and I starred blankly.

Dominic had left for work before I got up to get the kids ready as usual.

Now, I was home with Micah wondering if my life was on pause.

"You know what?"

"What Micah?"

"We both need to work on ourselves."

"I know that. I fucked up my marriage over writers block."

"I fucked mine up over some mediocre pussy."

I scrunched my nose up turning to look at him.

"You have two kids and that word bothers you?" He rolled his eyes. I shrugged.

"Let's go on an adventure." I offered. He looked at me confused, but he followed my nonetheless.

Forty minutes later, we walked into IKEA.

"I dig this. We can be anyone we want here." He nodded reading my mind. I smiled, nodding too, walking into the first kitchen.

"See in this kitchen, I'm a CEO who barely knows the dish washer from the oven." I said. He jogged into the living room across the way.

He sat on the couch, crossed his legs, and lifted and imaginary blunt to his lips.

"And in this living room, I'm a struggling artist refusing to stress over the problems of common people."

We must have spent at least two hours in that store, but it worked. We were cheered up.

-

I dropped Micah off to get his car, and made my way to the new slushee bar that was once an ice cream parlor by my mom's house.

"This place was better as an ice cream place." I mumbled scanning the menu.

"Dead ass. Half these smoothies are trash."

I glanced at the man standing beside me before moving my eyes back to the menu.

"What in here isn't trash?" I asked.

"Pineapple pina colada. Trust me. It takes almost as good as you looked." I finally turned to look at him.

I was taller than I realized, at least 6 ft. He was muscular like he worked out often, and he wore a smile with the whitest teeth I'd ever saw to contrast his dark features.

"I'm married." I said.

"You obviously checked me out before you said that but okay." He winked stepping in front of me. I was astonished. He got his slushee and took a seat at the bar. I ordered mine and took the seat beside him.

"What was that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"It means what you make it mean."

"I love my husband."

"But?"

I shook my head getting up.

"I'm not going to entertain this anymore."

"I'm going to love to watch you walk away though beautiful stranger. Have a nice day. I'm glad I could make you smile. I'll be here the same time tomorrow."

I hadn't even realized I was smiling. I decided not to reply anymore I made my way home with my slushee. As usual I sat at the kitchen island with my laptop.

The slushee on the counter caught my attention. I smiled typing in the title to my first book: Beautiful Stranger.

Dominic's POV

"Bro what's up? You good?" Micah asked inviting himself into my office?

"Nigga I thought you was somebody else in my bed this morning." I said.

He laughed, shaking his head.

"Nah G, only cheater is me. I guess I inherited William's worst trait."

"Bro now you know that's not inherited. You just need to do right by that girl. She chose you, and she will over and over. You need to give her a reason too."

"I know bro. I know. I just really fucked up this time. I have a child on the way... well two kids actually."

"Twins?"

I shook my head, "I wish."

His jaws dropped. I explained to him the whole situation and he sat there shocked.

"History damn sure repeats itself." He mumbled.