Fragment Twenty-Nine

It's official. I strongly believe there's only one fragment left! 

*

One week later...

"Butter or caramel?" Jeremy said as he handed Jessica two buckets of popcorn.

                 "Both?" she teased, curling up in the blanket. 

                "Thanks," she said, pecking him on the cheek. 

                 They were in the cinema room back at the Inn. They decided, Jessica did, anyway, to watch The Lady Eve, a favorite of hers. Jeremy sat next to her with his arm around her shoulder, the sound of the movie masking the silence between them.

                 "Are you sure you're alright?" he asked her for what, to her, seemed like the millionth time in one day. He pulled a strand of hair away from her face. 

                 "Perfectly fine, Jem, just stop worrying!" she said with a chuckle, resting her head on his shoulder. She had only been back at the Inn for two days, but she was better than ever. 

                     "This movie looks pretty boring," he said as he took a handful of caramel popcorn from the bucket. 

                 "God, just shut up," she said with a laugh, throwing a piece of popcorn at him.

                 He stood up from his seat. "I'm going swimming," he declared, extending a hand for her to hold.

                 " Are you serious? it's almost midnight!" she exclaimed.

                 He gave her a smirk. "Exactly."

              He pulled her hand carefully and carried her over his shoulder while she laughed and punched his back playfully.

                 They were by the pool and the starry night above them romanticized the lake a few yards ahead. The wind teased them, blowing through their hair playfully as they stood adoringly at the terrace.

               "Ready?" he asked. He pulled his shirt over his head and took off his slippers. Jessica stood in embarrassment as she shook her head vehemently.

                 "Come on, or I'll push you in as you are," he teased, his eyes glistening excitedly like the reflection of the moonlight on the lake.

                "I dare you," Jessica taunted playfully.

                 "You shouldn't have said that," he said as he grabbed her waist and jumped in the pool with her.

                   The two emerged as Jeremy laughed at Jessica's shocked reaction, while she splashed water on him as unsuccessful revenge, but soon broke in to laughter. He cornered her in the pool and planted a soft kiss on her forehead. She smiled appreciatively and kissed him in return. He ran his hand up and down her arm. 

                  "Come on, let's get you dried up, you're shivering," Jeremy said as he climbed out of the pool and helped her out of it. She shivered as he covered her with a towel.

                   "My god you take a while to walk," he teased. He carried her over his shoulder again as she laughed once more, panicking how he'd carry her over the stairs to their room but it was instant success.

                 "How about we try this room?" Jeremy said with a smirk and a wink. He opened the door to one of the guest rooms, it was barely furnished but it sufficed.