Fragment Two

Note: This hopefully is the last one-paged fragment.

Thank you for reading!

*

           She huffed in vexation and rested her chin on her paper-scattered glass desktop. Her slender fingers traced her name on the half-empty coffee cup, and crossed out the unneeded H in Jessicah with a fountain pen.

           Her eyes shifted to the Omega clock on the beige wall of her office next to the door. It was almost eight fifty at night, and almost everyone from Finance had left. It became a daily habit; finishing work at four and waiting in her office till nine. Thing was, Jessica Finley was a coward. She didn't have the heart to wait for him at home, so she waited for him to finish work in her office. At least she was in the same building as he. 

          The young woman huffed this time in exhaustion, and picked off her oversized purse from the typical gray office floor. Brushing a hand against the creases of her black pencil skirt, she left her office and locked the door, tossing the key in her purse. The once crammed hallway was clear, and no one was there except for three men busy with some computers at the end.  

           "Good evening, Mrs. Finley," Hugo, the security guard at the elevator told her. She gave him a cordial smile and stepped inside the empty elevator. Once the doors were closed she swiftly untied her brown hair from her bun, letting it fall voluminously against her shoulders. She undid the top button of her sheer beige blouse and sprayed her favorite Chanel perfume on herself. All before the doors were opened. 

          Leaving the elevator, her black heels clicked against the polished marble flooring of the hallway. Usually her pinks would turn the deepest shade of red from the sound her heels made in public, but this time there was no one around but him. 

          She smiled with pride at the silver plate on his glazed door; Jeremy Finley, COO, Finley Corporations. She knocked on the door and let herself in without waiting for a reply. There he was, his elbows on his desk and his hands shifting through the mounts of paper. His gray tie was undone, as well as the top buttons of his shirt. His handsome face carried a pensive expression, and he raked a free hand in his dirty blonde hair.    

           "Hey," she whispered to her husband, and a coquettish smile crept on her lips. Her blue eyes glinted beneath the modern lamps hanging from the ceiling.

            "Hi," he replied nonchalantly, almost disregarding her. His eyes never seemed to lift off the papers. She walked slowly to him, and her strong perfume masked the air of his office. Jessica carefully placed a slender hand on his left shoulder affectionately, and took his tie off his neck. She fixed his collar, keeping his buttons undone.

          "There," she said with a smile. He smiled at her briefly before shifting back to he paperwork laying around.  

          "Staying overnight?" she asked, rubbing her thumb against the nape of his neck. 

          "I don't think so," he replied. She couldn't tell whether he was annoyed at her being there or not. 

          "Good," she said with a nod and bit her lip, "because I really miss you." 

           Jeremy smiled at her warmly, and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, "I miss you too." 

           She bit her lip wonderigly and sat on the Corbusier chair facing his desk, waiting patiently with her purse on her lap. She looked up at him admirably, studying his beautiful features that always struck her in adoration. 

          His dirty blonde hair was slicked away from his face in an unkempt manner, and his eyes were the purest hue of blue. His cheekbones were prominent, but very much masculine. He looked up from his work and caught her gazing at him admirably. He leaned back on his chair, his expression eased and his red lips curled in a mischievous smile.  

          The young man threw his pen away from him and bit his curled lip.

           "Screw this, I want you."