Nineteen: Paranoia and a Sad Hanakõ

(Wednesday)

I stood in front of the Sakura tree as the pink petals gracefully fell. "I wonder if I will ever confess to my lover under this tree. When will that day come?" I wondered as I gazed at the tree. I turned around and walked back inside the school.

As I walked through the courtyard, I looked around, examining the social butterflies as they chatted. As usual, Senpai sat near the fountain while his siblings was on either side of his, hugging his arms.

I walked into the school while thinking of Nemesis-kun. He said, he remembers me, but I don't remember meeting him. I walked to the roof and saw Midori on her phone. "What are you doing, Midori?" I asked.

"I'm emailing Yandere Dev with stupid questions and wasting his time!" She said as she moved her fingers on the phone. "You should stop doing that." I said. "Oh... okay..." Midori replied, sadly. I walked away, heading to the library.

I just wanted to be by myself for a while. I sat a table while reading a book. As I was reading, I began to doze off until I finally fell asleep.

"I need you to remember me, Amaya. I need you to help me. Please."

I gasped when I heard those words and jolted awake when a hand rested on my shoulder from behind. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you." Saki said. I sighed and rubbed my eyes. "What time is it?" I asked her.

"It's lunchtime. You slept through your first class." She said. "Damn... I stood up while wiping my eyes, trying to wake myself up. "Hey, you don't look so well. Are you okay?" Saki asked me. "I'm fine. Just... a bit tired." I answered.

"Are you sure? Your eyes look a little red. Maybe you should go see the school nurse." She suggested. "I'll be fine." I said. Saki smiled and left. I sighed and rested my elbows on the table while holding my face. "I need to stay awake." I mumbled to myself.

I've been so paranoid about Nemesis-kun showing up, I haven't been able to sleep properly. How do I know he's not watching me right now? Ugh, I need something that'll keep myself awake somehow. I got up and went to the vending machine to get a soda.

When I paid for my drink, I bent down to pick up my soda. "Amaya, listen up," I jumped out of fright and dropped my soda. "Amaya, calm down. It's just us." Ayano said as Yan-kun stood by her side. "Sorry." I said, picking up my soda. "Are you okay, Sis? You don't look so good." Yan-kun asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied. "No, you're not. You look exhausted." Ayano noticed. "Really, I'm fine." I insisted. I yawned as I heard the bell. "I've gotta get to class. See you guys later." I said before walking to class.

When I entered my classroom, I took a seat. "You look terrible, Amaya." Osano said. "I know." I agreed before yawning. I looked towards the door as Mida Rana came walking in. Thank goodness because I did not want to deal with her twin brother today.

After class, I started to leave the classroom. As I was walking down the hall, I noticed Hanakõ running out of the school, but not completely. He only went behind the school. I decided to follow him to see what was up.

When I followed him, I noticed he was running towards the Sakura tree. I ran after him as he fell to his knees and cried. "Hanakõ..." I said, approaching him. He turned his head, spotting me. "Hi, Amaya!" He said with a fake smile.

"Why are you crying?" I asked. "I'm not crying!" He denied. "No? Then, why do I see tear stains on your cheeks?" I asked. He frowned at the ground, knowing I saw right through him. "What's the matter, Hanakõ?" I asked.

"It's nothing." He lied. I crouched down as my knees were pulled to my chest. "You can talk to me. What's wrong?" I asked. "Hanako and I got into a fight. She yelled at me, saying I wish I'd run away and get lost." He said. "Ah, I see..." I replied.

"Hanako hates me! And I hate her!" Hanakõ said."She doesn't hate you, Hanakõ. And you don't hate her," I sat down on my knees and hugged Hanako to my chest, my cheek resting on his head.

"Siblings get into fights all the time. Even I get into fights with my siblings. Sometimes, our fights get way out of hand and we start insulting each other. But deep down, we don't mean it. That's just how siblings are. They fight, and we're supposed to fight. It just means how much we love one another. Hanako doesn't hate you, Hanakõ, and I'm sure she didn't mean what she said. I'm sure once she realizes how hurtful her words were, she'll apologize. I know she will." I said.

"Really?" Hanakõ looked at me with a bit of wide eyes. "You really think she'll apologize, and we'll be on good terms again?" He asked. "Of course you will. You guys are siblings, and best friends. I know you'll be make up soon." I said.

"How did... you handle this, Amaya? When your brother or sister called you hurtful things, how did you deal with it?" Hanakõ asked.

"Well... It hurts when they say hurtful things. A lot. Makes me feel as if my sibling doesn't need or love me anymore. But I know in their heart that they don't mean to hurt me. They're only trying to let off some steam, so I understand. But the way I deal with it... I just gave my siblings some space. But sometimes, when I can't stand being angry at my sibling, I just be the bigger man." I explained.

"Be the bigger man?" Hanakõ repeated. "I apologize to them, saying that we got off on the wrong foot, and the next thing I know, we're friends again. And we're happy again." I said. "Really? It really turns out good in the end?" He asked.

"It always does. I'm sure. You two will be on good terms again. I know you will." I said, smiling slightly. I gasped as Hanakõ tackled me in a hug, bring both of us to the grass. "Thank you so much, Amaya! I feel so much better now! Thank you so, so much!" He said, happily.

I blushed slightly while glancing at him. "Um... You're welcome. Uh..." I sat up while getting him off me. "Anyway, I should be getting home." I said. "Right. Thanks for the talk, Amaya!" Hanakõ thanked. I waved to him and exited the school.

Hanakõ's POV

After Amaya left, I stood to my feet and left the Sakura tree, heading towards the exit of the school. As I was heading towards the exit, I heard someone call, "Big brother!" I turned around as my little sister, Hanako, ran over to me.

"I'm so sorry, Big brother! I didn't mean what I said! I love you! Please forgive me!" She pleaded. My eyes widened as what Amaya said was right. "I forgive you, Hanako! I love you, too!" I said, hugging her back.

"Now, that's what I'd like to see. My two siblings getting along." Taro said as he walked over to us with his back over his shoulder. "Hi, Taro!" My sister and I greeted, happily. "Big brother! Hanakõ and I made up!" Hanako said, happily.

"That's good to hear. You ready to go home?" Taro asked. "Uh-huh!" My sister and I said at the same time. "Okay. Let's go." Taro said. The three of us walked home together. During the walk home, I couldn't stop thinking about Amaya.

She really helped me. Thanks to her, Hanako and I made up. I'm so happy. Hmm... I wonder how I could thank Amaya for her advice? I know! I give her a teddy bear to show her my appreciation! I'm sure she'll love it!