Thirty Two: Ayano's Feelings, Plotting, and Stealing

(Wednesday)

"I'm so bored!" Yan-kun whined. "Yan-kun, you literally say that every day." Ayano said as we walked to school. "I do not!" He denied. "You kind of do." I said. "Amaya... When we get to school, I wanna talk to you in private." Ayano said.

"What about?" I asked. "It's something really important." She said.

When we got to school and changed into our school shoes, Ayano and I went to the girls' bathroom to talk. "So, what's this important thing you wanted to talk to me about?" I asked. "While I was in the Martial Arts Club, I started feeling something... towards Budo." Ayano explained.

"Started feeling something for him?" I repeated, in which my sister nodded. "Like... how you feel towards Taro?" I asked. "Yes. But the way I feel towards Budo... I should be feeling that way towards Senpai." Ayano said. "So... Are you saying you like Budo?" I asked.

"Maybe. I don't know. What should I do?"

"Hmm... Well, is that feeling stronger when you're around Budo?"

"I'm not sure. The feeling is somewhat neutral. You know what? Maybe it's just a coincidence. But thanks for listening to me, Amaya."

"Happy to help."

We went our separate ways as I walked to the Cooking Club. I grabbed the knife from the kitchen and left. Why do I need the knife, you ask? Well, let's call it a precautionary measure.

I quickly ran down the hall and turned the corner. But when I did, I bumped right into the guidance counselor and Megamo. It seems they were having a conversation. "What are you doing, running around the halls like that, Amaya Aishi?" She asked.

"Nothing. I was just on my way to the library." I lied as I hid the knife behind my back. She narrowed her eyes before looking at what was behind my back. "What are you hiding behind your back, Amaya?" She asked with a slight frown.

"Nothing." I lied again. Not trusting me, the guidance counselor grabbed my wrist and saw the knife in my hand. "A knife?! Why are you carrying this around in your hand? Do you know how dangerous that is?" She asked, frowning.

"I-I was just... um..." I tried to think of an excuse, but I couldn't. "You're coming with me right now, young lady!"

Still having ahold of my wrist, she began to drag me down to her office. "Wait!" Megamo said, stopping her. "I believe Amaya should explain herself before she's given any punishment." He mentioned. "Well... I suppose that's not a bad idea." The counselor said before letting go of my wrist.

"Very well, Amaya Aishi. You have exactly 30 seconds to explain yourself." She said. "Um... I..." I, once again, couldn't think of a good excuse. "Well, Miss Aishi?" The guidance counselor said, growing impatient. "Well..."

I was just about ready to give up and come clean until I found an excuse. "I was just returning the knife. I found it on the floor and I thought it would be noble of me to return it to its rightful place." I lied. "And you're sure that's the truth?" She asked.

"Yes, ma'am." I said, giving a nod. "Hmm... Okay, I'll let it slide just this once. But if I see you carrying a weapon around school grounds again, there will be consequences." The guidance counselor said. "Yes, ma'am." I replied, telling her I understood.

The guidance counselor and Megamo made me return the knife to the Cooking Club so they would make sure I wasn't lying. After I returned the knife, they left and returned to their conversation. Looks like I'll have to get the knife back when I'm not seen.

I ran down the hallway and met my siblings on the roof. "There's still many rivals to eliminate." Ayano said. "But keep in mind that all your rivals have a crush on Yan-kun." I said.

"What can I say? I'm irresistible." Yan-kun bragged as he smoothed his hair back, making Ayano and I roll our eyes. "But they don't know that you're gay, Brother." I mentioned, bluntly. "So, they have a crush on Yan-kun and Senpai." Ayano stated.

"That's the case." I replied with a nod. "So, what should we do?" Yan-kun asked. "Hmm... Well, we could get them to hate Taro, but I don't see that happening any time soon." I said.

'Seriously, what do all the girls see in Taro? Well, except Pipi. It's obvious she has a thing for Ryuto. But I honestly don't see what everyone else see in Taro. He's a coward and hardly does anything. All he does is sit by the fountain and read his book. And doesn't he read the same thing every day? I think he knows that book by heart now.' I thought.  

"We could tranquilize them one by one, break their minds, and convince them that Senpai isn't the guy for them?" Yan-kun suggested. "Do you know how long it would take to break every single one of them?" Ayano asked.

"She's right. It could take months until all of them have no interest in Taro." I mentioned. "Okay, then what do you suggest?" Yan-kun asked. "I'm thinking." Ayano told him. "We could try matchmaking again." I suggested.

"Clever, but doubtful. They don't seem to like the other guys of this school." Yan-kun said. The morning bell rang, telling us we had to get to class. "Let's continue this at lunchtime." Ayano said. Yan-kun and I nodded before heading to class.

As I was walking to class, I remember I had a test today and I didn't study. I'm definitely going to fail, and I do not want to stay after school with Mido Rana. Then, I remember there's some answer sheets in the Teacher's Lounge.

Before class could start, I quickly ran to the Teacher's Lounge just as the teachers were walking to their classrooms. Once all of them had left, I went over to the desks and began searching for the answer sheets. "Come on, come on. Where is it?" I mumbled, impatiently.

"What do you think you're doing?"

I gasped and quickly looked up as Megamo stood by the doorway. "Well?" He asked with a frown as his arms were crossed over his chest. 'I'm so screwed.' I thought.