Forty: Sick Again

I decided to change this chapter a bit. Don't worry. The chapter that was previously posted here will be posted again tomorrow.

After lunch, we went back to class. I took out my book I put away in my desk and noticed a piece of candy next to my book. I raised a brow at the candy, then noticed a note on my book cover. I opened the note and it read, "Just keep smiling, -Mido."

I looked up at Mido Rana as he smiled at me and winked. I gave  a small smile back and ate the piece of candy he gave me just as class began. Each student was reading a passage from the book. After one student has read a paragraph, the next student reads the next paragraph.

Though, it was hard to concentrate on the book as I felt everyone eyes on me. "Hey," I looked up from my book and Osano placed his hand over mine. "It's okay. School's almost over. You can get through this day." He said, trying to comfort me.

"Thanks, Osano." I said, smiling at him. "Miss Aishi," I looked at Mido as he called my name. "Would you mind reading the next paragraph?" He requested.

"Yeah... sure." I said. I stood up and began reading a passage from the book. Halfway done, my stomach suddenly began to hurt. I whimpered slightly as the pain started increase, making me hold my stomach. "Amaya... Amaya! Hey, what's wrong?" Osano said.

I shook my head, unable to speak as the pain was unbearable. "Are you alright, Miss Aishi?" Mido asked. I shook my head again and ran out of the room. "Amaya!"

I ran to the bathroom, ran into one of the stalls, and threw up in the toilet. Why do I feel sick? Nothing happened to me. I didn't even eat anything bad or rotten.

I continued to throw up for another ten minutes until I heard a knock on the stall. "Amaya? Are you okay? Osano asked me to check on you." I heard Inkyu Basu say. "I'm fine. I'm just... feeling a little sick, is all..." I replied.

"Do you want me to get you some help?"

"No... I'll be fine. Really."

"Oh... okay, then."

After I heard her leave, I stayed in the bathroom a little bit longer, waiting for my stomach to stop acting up.

Why don't I just use the reset button and reset the week? Oh, wait. That's right. Ayano has it with her. But I searched for the thing this morning and I couldn't find it. It must be in her locker then.

If I could get my hands on the button, I could stop myself from going to the delinquents and provoking them, I could also stop them from hurting Ayano and Yan-kun. But if I press the button alone, they won't remember our plan for eliminating the rivals.

What am I gonna do?

I looked at my phone as I was getting a call from an unknown number. "Hello?" I answered.

"Are you okay?"

"Is this you, Nemsis-kun?"

"Yes. Why are you sick?"

"How do you know I'm sick?"

"I just do. Now, why are you sick?"

"Are you concerned?"

"Of course I am."

"Then, why don't you tell me about this new player in the game?"

I noticed in our "little game", Nemesis-kun hasn't been trying to kill me. It sounded like he was looking after me. "Who's this new player in the game?" I repeated. I didn't hear him answer. "Hello?"

My phone beeped repeatedly, telling me he hung up. I put my phone away and exited the bathroom as I felt a little better. As I was washing my face in the sink, I heard the bell ring, which meant class was over.

My stomach started acting up again, making me place a hand over it. "Maybe I should go see the nurse." I said to myself. I left the bathroom and went to the infirmary. "Hello, Amaya. Nice to see you again. Can I help you with something?" He asked.

"I'm not feeling so well." I told him. "Oh? Is that so? Have a seat," I took a seat on the bed and Mujo pulled up a chair, taking a seat in front of me. "What seems to be the problem?" He asked. "My stomach hurts and I've been throwing up lately." I explained.

"What did you have for lunch today?"

"Just a bento."

"Anything else?"

"No, I..." I trailed off, remembering I ate that piece of candy from Mido. I know this sounds like I'm being a little paranoid, but what if Mido put something in the candy that made me sick. Yeah, yeah, I know. That sounds a little crazy.

"No, nothing else. I think I just have an upset stomach today." I said. "Well, in case your stomach starts acting up again, I suggest you drink some Ginger ale. It should help the acid in your stomach." Mujo explained.

"Okay. Thanks for your help, Mr. Kina." I said, bowing my head to him in a sign of respect. "Um, Amaya... I highly recommend you stay here for a while. You know, just in case. I would hate to have you passing out in the hallways." He said.

"Thank you, but I'll think I'll be fine." I replied. But the moment I stood up, I felt really sick and I just wanted to collapse. I nearly did until Mujo caught me. "Amaya!"

I felt dizzy as I closed my eyes. "What's happening to me? Why... do I feel like this?" I asked myself. "Maybe it's best if you stay here for a while." Mujo suggested. "Yeah... I think that's a good idea." I agreed, not really wanting to argue.

I lied down on the infirmary bed while Mujo took care of me. I closed my eyes, remembering how Yan-kun took care of me when I was sick that one day. "Yan-kun..." I whispered. I shouldn't have closed my eyes because I didn't wake up after that.

Mujo's POV

"How are you feeling, Amaya? Does anything still hurt?" I asked as I was putting medicine bottles away. When I turned to her, I noticed she had falling asleep. "Poor girl... You must really be sick." I said.

"Well?" I turned towards the door as Mido stood there, leaning against the door frame as his arms were crossed over his chest. "She's asleep. Why did you put that stuff in her bento when you know that would get her sick?" I asked.

"I just wanted her to get away from Osano. Don't worry, I'm not trying to kill her if that's what you're thinking." Mido said, chuckling. I frowned slightly at him. " I know you want Amaya, but did you ever stop to consider maybe she doesn't want to be with you?" I asked.

"Oh, she will be with me. I just have to push all those guys away from her."

"This is wrong. You shouldn't be doing this to her. This isn't the way to win her heart."

"I'll do what I need to do, and if you tell Amaya what's going on, I'll tell her you've been helping me this whole time."

I frowned as it was all Mido's doing. The reason why Amaya's brother and sister was in the hospital is because Mido paid off the delinquents to put them in the hospital. He only did that so Yan-kun wouldn't protect Amaya anymore.

"Mido, please thinking about this. Be rational for a second. All this stuff you're doing... it's not right. Don't you see that you're hurting her?" I said. "Why would I try and do that?" Mido asked. "But-"

"Just keep your mouth shut and the hospital will have another patient in a coma." He threatened before leaving. I frowned as he left, then looked at Amaya. "I can't keep doing this..." I walked over to her and placed my hand on her cheek.

"I love you, Amaya... But I can't keep doing this. It hurts me too much to see you in pain like this." I said. I climbed in the bed with her and held her. "I have to keep you safe... from that monster. I can't let him keep doing this to you." I whispered, holding her more gently and protectively.

I soon fell asleep, napping with Amaya. But I knew I couldn't stay with her long or she'll freak out when she wakes up, and I'll have no way to explain what I was doing asleep in bed with her. How embarrassing would that be? 

"Just sleep well, Amaya. I'll take care of you. I'm always happy to take care of you." I whispered, softly.